• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new Wine-Cooler

jepe

Here are some pics of my new Wine-Cooler,I'm waiting for more beads to arrive in order to help me keep a good RH.Right now its 60% I like my cigars to be kept in 65% RH.

004.jpg

006-1.jpg

004.jpg

Nice pics! What do you think of the Bolivar CE?

Great cigar!
Full of flavor and its not too short like the PC or Robusto.
I went through a box from 08 and all them were spectaculars.
I enjoy it very much,even better than the BBF.

Congrats on your new Wineador Jepe! Looks like it has a lot of room in it!

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I am curious what you did to seal it to maintain 60%? I have almost the same fridge (16 bottle version) with the same thermoelectric cooling, and same back panel with the grate, and I have added 1 lb of beads (2 1/2 lb bags) and I cannot maintain 65% event thought they are 70% RH beads.

I literally have to add 2-4 oz of distilled water every day to maintain 60-65 and if I don't do this, the beads quickly go dry and white, and my humidity drops to 57-58%.

The fridge maintains 68f but the motor is always on as my house is in the 76f range without central air.

Ive searched the forums, google, and I do see people say you need to plug the drain port... but I cant seem to find one on this fridge, which is why I'm posing these questions to you. There is a small hole indeed in the recess under the main fan hole, which I plugged, but it doesn't seem to go all the way through the plastic anyways.... Are you supposed to seal the vents on the back metal plate of the fridge?

Just curious what you did to maintain your 60%

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I am curious what you did to seal it to maintain 60%? I have almost the same fridge (16 bottle version) with the same thermoelectric cooling, and same back panel with the grate, and I have added 1 lb of beads (2 1/2 lb bags) and I cannot maintain 65% event thought they are 70% RH beads.

I literally have to add 2-4 oz of distilled water every day to maintain 60-65 and if I don't do this, the beads quickly go dry and white, and my humidity drops to 57-58%.

The fridge maintains 68f but the motor is always on as my house is in the 76f range without central air.

Ive searched the forums, google, and I do see people say you need to plug the drain port... but I cant seem to find one on this fridge, which is why I'm posing these questions to you. There is a small hole indeed in the recess under the main fan hole, which I plugged, but it doesn't seem to go all the way through the plastic anyways.... Are you supposed to seal the vents on the back metal plate of the fridge?

Right now there is nothing in the wine cooler that produce humidity.
I live in a very humid place,the outside RH is almost all
year long around 70% so therefore the wine cooler doesn't
need work hard to maintain a decent level of RH where I live.
The hygro inside the wine cooler display 56%-60% RH but I
want to raise the level to more close 65%,this is why I ordered me some beads.

What is the outside RH where you live?

I didn't plugged any hole ,just open it for
air for 2 days to get the plastic smell
out and then plugged it to the electricity.
The motor is always on in mine too
as the TEMP are very high now in
the summer it can go high to 90F.

Looks great!!!, may I suggest some spanish cedar levels

I dont store singles,only boxes so I dont think I need trays,
but if I'll get some they will have to be in a specific size if I want them to fit.
Where can I got some online,it needs to be a store that ship worldwide.

ETA:is it OK to store a bottle of wine or two in the wine cooler among the cigars?
its a new and close bottle which I want to age.

Right now in Winnipeg, the humidity is 69%.

Right now in Winnipeg, the humidity is 69%.

Well,the RH in here is almost 75% but its usually 70%.
I can tell you this,I took my hygro and put at the bottom of the wine cooler and
after 2 hours it display 51% RH.
So I guess it depends on where do you measure the RH level.
At the top of the wine cooler the hygro display 60%-61% RH,I hope the beads will help me to maintain this level in all places in the wine cooler.

BTW,anyone know where can I get some oust fans instead of AMAZON?
And another question,is it OK to store wine bottles among the cigar?

I can tell you this,I took my hygro and put at the bottom of the wine cooler and
At the top of the wine cooler the hygro display 60%-61% RH,I hope the beads will help me to maintain this level in all places in the wine cooler.

Beads will definitely help regulate your RH. Also, throw a few empty boxes in there to take up some of the extra room. Less empty space = easier to humidify.

ebay should have the oust fans. I've got a couple in mine and they work just fine.

I don't see why you can't store an unopened bottle in there... Personally, I wouldn't put anything liquid in my humidor but YMMV.

:thumbs:

Beads will definitely help regulate your RH. Also, throw a few empty boxes in there to take up some of the extra room. Less empty space = easier to humidify.

ebay should have the oust fans. I've got a couple in mine and they work just fine.

I don't see why you can't store an unopened bottle in there... Personally, I wouldn't put anything liquid in my humidor but YMMV.

:thumbs:

There were some discussions about that, I just don't remember where off hand. The general opinion seemed to be don't do it, just in case a cork leaks and you end up with wine either on your cigars or wine in the presence of your cigars... basically infusing them.

Shot glass/dish of distilled water is the easiest way to add some humidity.

Putting another shelf or two in there to space your boxes out may help...

How can bring up the RH until my beads arrives?

You might try just placing a few shot glasses of distilled water (very carefully- so they don't spill) in there for now until your beads arrive. either that or a clean sponge soaked in distilled water on some sort of plate or tray. Just an idea. Someone else with more experience might have a better suggestion, but it seems to me this might work for a short term fix!

Good luck! :thumbs:

ETA: Jnknzz- we must've posted at the same time. Looks like this is a good plan for now, jepe. Let us know how it works out!

I got the beads 2 days ago,put them inside after I spray on them with distilled water
and still the RH is stuck on 55%-57%.
I ordered 1 pound of beads after calculating the volume of my cooler in their site.
Do I need more beads maybe?

1 lb Heartfelt Beads is for 5 cubic foot. Secondly, if the beads is on the bottom and the digital hygrometer is at the top of the wine cooler, this is be the reason you are not running the RH% you was hoping for. I noticed in my 3k humidor that I'd run it at 65% and the top would maybe hit 60%. If you have the beads at the top and the digital hygrometer at the bottom, then the bottom will have less humidity.

I have no idea how you have it set up so I can only guess whats going on.

I actually put them at the bottom & at the top.
I put in there one more hygro so I could measure the RH both at the bottom and at the top of the cooler at the same time.
The guide that came with the cooler says its 80 liters,but my calculation gives me more then 110 liters.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg