• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Recruiter

riverratt

Biglew
I went to the USPS office in Delaware, OH. to mail out a package of stix to a BOTL. When I entered the door, there stood in front of me a familiar face. Then it clicked it was Staff Sergeant Kinitz. I said hey there Marine. Kinitz replied "Have we met?" I said that it had been a while but yes we have met. You recruited me some 25 years ago. He studied my face and said "Lewis?" I said "yep." We chatted a while. He asked what I had in the package and I told him. Kinitz said he just quit smoking cigars but loves them and really missed them. We exchanged e-mails and he has been e-mailing me. mostly warrior snippets from other web sights. One e-mail did say he wanted to get together. He lives just up the road from me. My mission is to get him to meet me at the B&M for a smoke. (Hee,Hee! :p )

edited for spelling

I went to the USPS office in Delaware, OH. to mail out a package of stix to a BOTL. When I entered the door, there stood in front of me a familiar face. Then it clicked it was Staff Sergeant Kinitz. I said hey there Marine. Kinitz replied "Have we met?" I said that it had been a while but yes we have met. You recruited me some 25 years ago. He studied my face and said "Lewis?" I said "yep." We chatted a while. He asked what I had in the package and I told him. Kinitz said he just quit smoking cigars but loves them and really missed them. We exchanged e-mails and he has been e-mailing me. mostly warrior snippets from other web sights. One e-mail did say he wanted to get together. He lives just up the road from me. My mission is to get him to meet me at the B&M for a smoke. (Hee,Hee! :p )

edited for spelling

25 years and he remembered your name. That's some testament, either to his memory or that you are just memorable.

The military...it's a small world, huh. I'm only 11 yrs in and already astounded at the random times I run into a famiar face from over a decade ago. Hope I get to still meet friends in another 15 yrs.

Only had one real off-the-wall encounter though. The TI (DI) in basic that had me investigated for cheating on the tests (our group of trainees did "too well" and I was in charge of making sure everyone was prepared for the tests) ended up being a loadmaster I flew with 7yrs after basic. We became real good friends and still chat with a stogie and drink whenever we meet up.

-K-

Didn't know you lived in Delaware, I used to live there. Cool story, pretty cool he remembered your name.

Ran into or worked with all 3 of my DI's while in but never saw any of them in civilian life.

What are the odds of that Greg? I still remember Gunny Freeman vividly. He said he was going to get me a MOS that another recuiter was telling me I could not get. He came through as promised, while a lot of naysayers were telling me he was BS'ng me.

Cool Story

Worked with two of my Drills later on and my AIT instructor was my Top Sergeant later on as well.

I've also ran into old Battery mates after we had gotten out, in fact one of them was just over here with his wife, showing her where he had been stationed in Germany. And we ran into each other at the bar we hung out in as SP4s. And I still kick his ass in 8-ball :p