• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Turn!

cuppajack

2068967969_2411fcc894.jpg

The pics that Gail sent me didn't do it justice...

I can't seem to put it down, and I've been getting some weird looks from my coworkers as I sit in my cube and pretend to smoke it...

I can't wait to fire it up tonight!

That is nice! :thumbs:

Now go order another one! :laugh:

That's a beauty! I love the partially rusticated look.

Now, DON'T go and buy another one! They all sell out before I ever see the updates! :laugh:

(Actually I did get one from the last update. It should be here tomorrow.)

Boswell pipes are sure enjoying a spate of popularity here and on other boards lately. I hope that doesn't effect prices down the road.

Smoke it in good health! (preferably with actual tobacco in it instead of pretending :D )

Took it out for a maiden voyage last nightwith a big bowl of Grey Havens as I wanted something w/ burly and my can of Haddo's Delight is a hair too moist still.

A few very interesting observations (to me anyway:)
I've previously only smoked Cobs, basket-briars, and a cheap-o meer. They all smoked pretty well, some better than others, and I was honestly doubtful that I'd be able to tell the difference in a quality hand-made pipe as I'm still getting my packing and pacing down (which seemed like a more important variable.) Yeah, I was wrong about that. The Boswell smoked so much 'crisper' or cleaner than anything I've smoked before. The flavors of the tobacco came thorough much more intensely. Enough so that I was able to decide I don't actually like Grey Havens (I was on the fence about it before.)

However the bowl smoked extremely wet. I'm sure it was my packing (still trying to get the hang of the franck method) and my pacing as I was puffing like a mad-man. the bowl was just too enjoyable! I can;t wait to try some Early Morning Pipe or Northwoods in it. But I ended up with a soggy mess at the bottom of the bowl. I gotta be more careful about that.

I've also had problems in the past getting my brairs to cake-up, but the Boswell is already, after ONE bowl, starting to form a cake.

Congrats on the new BOSWELL! :thumbs:

Once you go with a BOSWELL you can never go back. I previously enjoyed my CAO Meerschaum, however, the more I smoke my Boswells the less I enjoy my meerschaum. Beware! :sign: