• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NCAA Bracket pool

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
Ok... I'm looking for at least 5 people who want to put up a 3 pack of nice sticks for a bracket contest. I'll set up a league and depending on how many people that are interested.. i will figure out prize awards.  To make your picks after the bracket is announced on the evening of Sunday, March 10th, You can make and edit your picks until Thursday, March 14 at Noon EST.
So show your interest for now by posting. Thanks!

March Maddness... I love it!

Mike....I'M IN BRO!!! Although, I, sadly, won't be wagering much on ,my old Wildcats this year.... :angry: :lookup:

LMK whatcha need!

Ryan :thumbs:

I'm in!!!! Let me know what I need to do also.

Roll Ryder !!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

Welcome aboared B.W. & SKYDIVNEKD !!! Your in !
Ok... what we will do is... everyone that wants in will put up a 3-4 pack of nice sticks. Let's say worth at least $20 for the package ...no Dog rockets. The package must contain $5-$7(minimum) cigars only. I'm not making this to estravagant as the more the merrier, and not everyone has a big cigar budget. If you have a question of worthy packages .. just email me, otherwise, We will be using the honor system, so if you lose, you will be expected to pay up A.S.A.P. THIS SHOULD NOT TAKE LONGER THAN 3-4 DAYS TO GET MAILED OFF! Now, Depending on the number of players.. we can have a 1st.. and maybe a 2nd place. It will take at least 8 players to get a second though. If more than that want to play then of corse we can change the prizes. As for a sample pay off with only 3-5 players the losers will send the winner a nice package. With 8 ...the 3rd through 6th place finishers will send the winner the packages, and the 7th & 8th will send the 2nd place finisher a packages. I will set up the league.. so send me your email addy.
There is also prizes provided by the site I use..
Grand Prize
 A 2.2 GHz Pentium® 4 processor-based PC: Cutting-edge technology delivers maximum performance for your gaming, video editing, and music experiences.
1st Prize
 Compact Digital Camcorder (Make and model sole discretion of TSN) approx retail value $399.00
2nd Prize
 DVD Player - Video Player (Make and model sole discretion of TSN) approx retail value $250.00
3rd through 10th Prize
 Cell Phone (Make and model sole discretion of TSN) approx retail value $99.00
11th through 100th Prize
 Binoculars (Make and model sole discretion of TSN) approx retail value $11.00

of corse this is for overall winners.. not just our division, but you never know.
As for how to play... if you have never played a brackett pool before then ask and I or someone else will elaborate on this. It will be a points system:The scoring system is designed to give you more points per correct pick as the rounds progress, but to keep you in the mix should a key team you picked get knocked out early. Bonus points will also be rewarded for picking upsets correctly along the way.
Round Correct Pick Value
First round 1 point
Second round 2 points
Regional semifinal 4 points
Regional finals 8 points
National semifinals 16 points
Championship 32 points

Bonus Pick Correct Pick Value
9th seed win 1 extra pt
10th seed win 2 extra pts
11th seed win 3 extra pts
12th seed win 4 extra pts
13th seed win 5 extra pts
14th seed win 6 extra pts
15th seed win 7 extra pts
16th seed win 8 extra pts

Tiebreaker - The closest to the total combined score in the Championship games.

Now ...anybody else want in? Come on... let's have some Maddness!!!

Ok Horse..LOL (nice nick)!

We have a nucleus now! I'm sure we'll get a few more by next Sunday! If your reading this and haven't posted your in... come on... It is a lot of fun, and doesn't really take that much of your time! They say it's better to be lucky than good.. so what are you waiting for! Post.. dang it!

As a rule of thumb since cigars vary in price from state to state ( I'm in Cali.. so you know I pay out the wazoo) we will use Holt's priceing. Not the best.. but not the worst either!

:D
Yo Mickey, how ya been bro. ?
It's been far to long since we last gathered to herf.
When are we going to do a Microbrew herf or meet @ the Mission ?

As far as this NCAA Basketball pool, I don't follow it and will not participate, but thanks for the email offer.

Now if you do something with NASCAR or NHRA, that is another story. :p

Regards,
CGC

LOL... It is not that serious Chris. Just take the favorites or have the Mrs. pick for you! Either way it's 3 weeks of entertainment for a few cigars...

About a herf get-together... I'm having a group over on next Sunday for the ESPN "a season on the brink" movie. We are going to BBQ and smoke. Starts about 3pm ( show is at 5pm)and will end around 7pm or so... you are more than welcome my friend. We will be outside on the patio... I have a TV outside. Everyone can give you some BS about not playing if you show...LOL! Email me for details or give me a call.

Heck, I've got a dart board...... count me in! :cool:

E-mail coming at ya.

Kenny

quito60... Have you traded cigars with anyone here.. or been in a pass? Your posts are low, and you have no info in your profile. Newbies are welcome, I just want some info on you. Is there Anyone here that can vouch for you?

Quito60 was involved with the Secret Santa pass and he came through on that one. :D

Just my .02 cents worth.

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

Jose... your good to go bud! I looked you up on CF! 8 good trader comments, and a Skydive vouch is good enough for me. I'll use your email from CF to contact you. Thanks for playing!

Ok everyone that has posted should have received an Email with instruction on how to sign up. It has the division name and password to get in also... any questions.. please don't hesitate to ask... we have until Sunday before it officially opens to make your picks, then you'll have 2-3 days to decide. But go get signed up and ready ASAP.. Thanks! Ohhh... and the password is confidential so please keep it to yourselves as we do not want non cigar wagerers joining this division.
Anyone else interested please post... enteries to the game will close on Saturday around 6pm... as I will be out of town.

LOL... no one must have then... cuz you were on the list! I did it again... so I hope it worked!

Got mine bro, gonna get signed up later on!!! :)
Let's get ready to RRRUUUUMMMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEE!!!!

BW

Got it....and after the 3 hour registration :lookup: I'm ready to kick some butt.........

Who said white boys can't play roundball? :p

Anyone for a friendly first round wager? Howabout another 3 stick wager....whoever's on top after the first round?

Hmmmm.... y'all must think my dart board strategy is a hands down winner. :lookup: Guess no one's up for a first round wager. :(

I'm gonna see if the wife wants to get in on this...... I know a little side wager I can make with........ ;) :love: ;)

I can't believe we only have 5 players...... come on guys, you don't have to play basketball you just pick who will win between two given teams 32 times, then 16, then 8, then 4, then 2, then the Big game. Trust me when I say there is little advantage to knowing who's who. Upsets are a regular event so always picking the favorites isn't necessarily the best strategy. But then again...... haha!

Come and lets get some more people signed up! :cool: