• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need music download site...

sleepyjim

Vet and dam proud of it!
Is there anything along the lines of win mx? Free P2P type stuff?

Thanks,

Jim

P2P:
Shareaza, Bearshare, Morpheous, Limewire, plus others. How network savvy are you? Each proggie has it's pluses ans minuses. I use Shareaza(primary) and Morpheous(on occasion).

-Emo

emodx said:
P2P:
Shareaza, Bearshare, Morpheous, Limewire, plus others. How network savvy are you? Each proggie has it's pluses ans minuses. I use Shareaza(primary) and Morpheous(on occasion).

-Emo
[snapback]269652[/snapback]​

Bro I'm as dumb as a box of rocks..........

Jim

Then Morpheous is the way to go in my opinion! Best of luck!

Limewire is a decent GUI and control app. But it is a bit of a resource hog and overkill for what he'll be using it for. I used to us Limewire all the time, but got away from it when I found Shareaza. Just my 2 cents.

vewyphishy said:
I dont find enough stuff on Shareaza. I use KazaaLite Rev.
[snapback]269680[/snapback]​
If you use just the Gnutella 2 network, your options will be limited. But using Gnutella 1, Gnutella 2, and Bit Torrent, your searches should be a lot better. Also, if you are behind a Firewall, Shareaza isn't the best option unless you know how to forward your Gnutella ports through the firewall. I know Morpheous supports uPNP which should make getting through the firewall to accept incoming connections work seamlessly.

Emo

hooiserguy said:
i use limewire works good..
[snapback]269671[/snapback]​

Me too... If you still want to use WinMX there is a patch to run that you can get HERE. Just watch out for viruses and bad downloads.

emodx said:
vewyphishy said:
I dont find enough stuff on Shareaza. I use KazaaLite Rev.
[snapback]269680[/snapback]​
If you use just the Gnutella 2 network, your options will be limited. But using Gnutella 1, Gnutella 2, and Bit Torrent, your searches should be a lot better. Also, if you are behind a Firewall, Shareaza isn't the best option unless you know how to forward your Gnutella ports through the firewall. I know Morpheous supports uPNP which should make getting through the firewall to accept incoming connections work seamlessly.

Emo
[snapback]269683[/snapback]​
That's a lot of terminology that I don't understand. :p

Limewire is OK...i dont like the interface or how many recources it sucks up...

Emule is my number one program for gettin stuff though...its fast and works good.

I've used Limewire Pro for a few years now. I'll have to check out a couple of the others mentioned above.

I mainly use mIRC for full CDs and other large files. For single songs I use Torrents.

I use bearshare on a junk PC. Watch out, a lot of these free programs are filled with spyware and stuff. Last I checked, limewire didnt' work for me.

Tightwads...... just shell out the $15 for a CD, especially for the small label records. If you want to preview stuff, use www.pandora.com.