• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need suggestions for a larger cabinet.

Danforz

All,

I have an old Antietam cabinet humidor. Roughly 2' tall. I also have two smaller desktop humidors for my Cuban cigars and mooch cigars. Unfortunately, all are full!

I'm in the market for something substantially taller, like 3'-4'. The competitors on the usual websites are either approximately the same size or too tall (and god knows of what quality). I reached out to Robert Staebell of Aristocrat Humidors, but he informed me he only does humidification systems at this point.

Can anyone recommend any other options? I'm happy to pay for custom work for a good piece and would rather avoid the stuff on CigarsInternational... Let me know :)

EDIT: I'm trying to avoid buying one of these. God knows their quality... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N4VR0JG/ref=psdc_10342478011_t1_B00ZM6XGIA

EDIT EDIT: Thoughts on Avallo humidors?

Last edited:
Since you can no longer get an Aristocrat humidor, that leaves Avallo or Vigilant. Both are quality humidors. Avallo are a bit cheaper, but Vigilant is more luxurious. My recommendation would depend on the size, if you need it to cool and how much money you are wanting to spend.

Since you can no longer get an Aristocrat humidor, that leaves Avallo or Vigilant. Both are quality humidors. Avallo are a bit cheaper, but Vigilant is more luxurious. My recommendation would depend on the size, if you need it to cool and how much money you are wanting to spend.

Vigilant seems to be what I'm looking for. If everyone recommends it, I'll take the plunge.

They are beautiful and highly recommended, I would also recommend the optional Climatech humidification and temperature control system.

They are beautiful and highly recommended, I would also recommend the optional Climatech humidification and temperature control system.

The one that controls both humidity and temp? I've heard there are issues with internal temperature regulation mechanisms. I've heard horror stories, actually. Is there any truth to it? And how easy are they to maintain if they break down? Thanks bud I appreciate your help here.

I can vouch for Avallo, as I have a cooled triple D. Not as elaborate as Vigilant, but his humidification system is top notch. Rod did a review of his set-up for a cabinet that did not have an active system. Here.

All,

I have an old Antietam cabinet humidor. Roughly 2' tall. I also have two smaller desktop humidors for my Cuban cigars and mooch cigars. Unfortunately, all are full!

I'm in the market for something substantially taller, like 3'-4'. The competitors on the usual websites are either approximately the same size or too tall (and god knows of what quality). I reached out to Robert Staebell of Aristocrat Humidors, but he informed me he only does humidification systems at this point.

Can anyone recommend any other options? I'm happy to pay for custom work for a good piece and would rather avoid the stuff on CigarsInternational... Let me know :)

EDIT: I'm trying to avoid buying one of these. God knows their quality... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N4VR0JG/ref=psdc_10342478011_t1_B00ZM6XGIA

EDIT EDIT: Thoughts on Avallo humidors?
Quality humidors are good humidors but not in the league of others mentioned. you get what you pay for. Its like comparing a Ferrari to a KIA.

The one that controls both humidity and temp? I've heard there are issues with internal temperature regulation mechanisms. I've heard horror stories, actually. Is there any truth to it? And how easy are they to maintain if they break down? Thanks bud I appreciate your help here.
The Climatech system is very precise and lasts for years... Very easy to maintain.

I can vouch for Avallo, as I have a cooled triple D. Not as elaborate as Vigilant, but his humidification system is top notch. Rod did a review of his set-up for a cabinet that did not have an active system. Here.

How many boxes can u fit in the Triple D?? Can you post some pics or PM me. I have been talking with Mathew the last few days.

Quality humidors are good humidors but not in the league of others mentioned. you get what you pay for. Its like comparing a Ferrari to a KIA.

I just figure, once you're at the $1k price point, may as well just go for the best. Of course, adding the temperature monitoring system really adds to the price.

I have 5 aristocrat humidors, 1 has the climatech humidification system, it is very accurate and I only have to add water about ever 3 to 4 months.
If you had to replace a control system, would you go for the Aristocrat version or a Climatech?

I got the Climatech system for the cooling and humidification, which I needed on 1 of my cabinets (after I purchased it) If I was going to replace just the humidifier, it would be the Guardian 100 system, with the optional high output fan. It is the best on the market imo...

I got the Climatech system for the cooling and humidification, which I needed on 1 of my cabinets (after I purchased it) If I was going to replace just the humidifier, it would be the Guardian 100 system, with the optional high output fan. It is the best on the market imo...
Thanks, always like to get opinions and recommendation from experienced bros. Well done.