• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

Wife talked me into watching Baby Reindeer. We finished it and I'm still not sure what to think about it.
I didn't get past the trailer... The lady at the bar had me cringing... I think I was yelling at the screen while I was turning it off, "Shut The Fuck Up!"

ETA: After reading @Johnny B post after mine, I want to clarify I have only watched about 30 seconds of a trailer, I had no idea that the show was about a very serous subject matter, so my joking was not intended to make light of any situation. Let me remove my foot out of my mouth now...

Last edited:
Wife talked me into watching Baby Reindeer. We finished it and I'm still not sure what to think about it.
I came here to talk about this show as well.

I won’t give any spoilers, but I will give a warning ⚠️ ⚠️
(After proofreading the rest of my post, there may be some possible spoilers)

There is some sexual violence roughly halfway through the series. While, the show does issue a warning prior to the episode(s) that show the sexual violence, I would’ve liked to know sooner.

We’re family. So I’ll be vulnerable - I believe the writers did a good job navigating through the aftermath of experiencing sexual trauma. I experienced something similar to what happened to the protagonist over a 6-7 year period when I was a kid and I could identify when some of the feelings he felt. Half of them, at least.

I’ve never seen anything that was as in depth with the emotional effects and what the symptoms of sexual abuse can look like. They’re no joke. It’s taken me almost 30 years, two unhealthy marriages and countless lost friends over the years to get to a point where I don’t feel weighed down with guilt and shame. My counselor recommended a book for me to read a couple years ago and it saved my life. I’d you or anyone you know is suffering from sexual abuse, I’d recommend taking a look at Rid of My Disgrace: Hope and Healing for Victims of Sexual Abuse. I’m willing to talk more about it in a PM, if anyone needs someone to talk to.

I didn't get past the trailer... The lady at the bar had me cringing... I think I was yelling at the screen while I was turning it off, "Shut The Fuck Up!"

ETA: After reading @Johnny B post after mine, I want to clarify I have only watched about 30 seconds of a trailer, I had no idea that the show was about a very serous subject matter, so my joking was not intended to make light of any situation. Let me remove my foot out of my mouth now...

No need to apologize, wasn't intentional. You wouldn't have known anything anyway, since it takes this turn, in Episode 5.

Martha was annoying and I wanted to say the same thing while watching.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Shogun on Hulu right now. If you have Disney+ it's definitely worth adding Hulu for the run. Plus you can watch Prey while you're at it.

Just started Britannia on Prime. Let me just say, for those of you who don't know, I'm a practicing Heathen, which mostly involves a fuckton of research into early northern European life, folkways & culture & hooo, buddy. Talk about straight from the Dept. of Making Shit Up! 🤣

I mean. We know exactly ZERO about the actual Druids, but I think I I can confidently assert that they bore NO resemblance to a NorCal meth commune. 🤣

For all that it's a pretty good watch so far.

~Boar
SHOGUN! Saw the first miniseries, read the book, and enjoying the heck out of the new series!

SHOGUN! Saw the first miniseries, read the book, and enjoying the heck out of the new series!

The book was excellent! I really enjoyed the current Shogun series, even when it deviated from the book it didn't feel like it was ruining or betraying my experience with the book. The cast was perfect and a couple of characters in the book that I didn't care for, I ended up enjoying just cause of the actors portrayal.

I never watched the original miniseries but I tend to fix that soon. I'm a huge Toshiro Mifune fan, as well as Hiroyuki Sanada, so it'll fun comparing both of their portrayal of Toranaga.