• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

I used to like it, until they raised the cost. Now I am considering cancelling. I do like the dvr function, it works great, and I can watch my shows anytime I want.
I just hate the fact that they have no real guide and you can't navigate between channels. And they raise the price every three months.

Netflix is amazing! It has all kinds of shows and movies. I recommend Netflix to anyone who can afford it! Netflix is also found on all kinds of consoles. Some of the following are: Xbox, PS4, and even TV's that don't have cable or xfinity. I'd recommend Netflix to anyone.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
See: https://technumus.com/change-netflix-region/

Netflix is amazing! It has all kinds of shows and movies. I recommend Netflix to anyone who can afford it! Netflix is also found on all kinds of consoles. Some of the following are: Xbox, PS4, and even TV's that don't have cable or xfinity. I'd recommend Netflix to anyone.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Netflix is for wankers, and you are definitely a wanker.

Necrobumping this one! In the past week or two I've watched Reacher (Amazon), Hawkeye (Disney+), and just finished Cobra Kai S4 (Netflix) last night. All were phenomenal.

Let's talk Reacher: THIS is what live-action Jack Reacher should have been all along. It took me an episode or two to really be sold on Alan Ritchson's acting but, man, they nailed this series. You will never truly please a book-purist, and I'm admittedly on the fringes of that camp. Making concessions for dramatizing a novel for the screen is necessary, and I can handle that, but if you are tacking an iconic character and series, you need to at least make an effort (looking at you, American Assassin). Amazon kept pretty true to the source material of Killing Floor, and hit all the high points they needed to hit in order to make it a Jack Reacher story, rather than just a rando generic story line where the main character happens to have a famous name (looking at you, Jack Ryan). Ritchson portrays it much the way Cruise did in the two films, but with a bit more playfulness that took a little bit to come around to. The elephant in the room with the Tom Cruise movies was obviously his physical stature. So, Amazon got an actual elephant to play Reacher this time. Jack Reacher's physical size is a character unto itself, which was why Tom Cruise was not the right guy for the part. He portrayed him well, but Reacher's pro-wrestler appearance is half of what makes him Reacher.

The other three main characters were excellently cast, as well. Roscoe, Finlay, and Neagley were all pretty much how I remember picturing them. I think. I believed in the acting, in any case (Neagley was perfect, dammit). My only complaint, really, was that they seemed to have phoned in the final episode as far as the writing goes. Even though this is where the biggest differences from the novel occurred, they were still mostly believable, but the sequence writing was just formulaic and lacked imagination. The acting, again, was great; not their fault.

Yeah, I'm gushing. I'm a huge Jack Reacher fan, so I was incredibly excited to see the first previews for this show a few months ago. I don't think a better final product could have been produced that both reaches and attracts a mass audience, as well as satisfies the purists. I remember reading Killing Floor (the first in the series, and I believe Lee Child's first attempt at writing) and being unsure about it. Child found his stride after a few books, and I can't wait to see what Reacher S2 brings. My only disappointment is that Willa Fitzgerald and Malcolm Goodwin will not return for the next season. I hope that the show runners cast just as well for the supporting characters next time around.

I can't recommend the series highly enough if you are a Jack Reacher fan, and I think you'd probably enjoy the series even if you've never read a single one of the books.

Casting Cruise as Reacher was beyond a stretch. They did justice to the story line by making it a series. Liked the flash back to his past and will agree his acting was good. Can't wait for them to do another book.

I watched Reacher. Loved it

Is Hawkeye worth the time?
I agree. Hawkeye was fun with a great story. It's no WandaVision, but holds its own against Falcon/Winter Soldier as far as the D+ MCU shows go.

Necrobumping this one! In the past week or two I've watched Reacher (Amazon), Hawkeye (Disney+), and just finished Cobra Kai S4 (Netflix) last night. All were phenomenal.

Let's talk Reacher: THIS is what live-action Jack Reacher should have been all along. It took me an episode or two to really be sold on Alan Ritchson's acting but, man, they nailed this series. You will never truly please a book-purist, and I'm admittedly on the fringes of that camp. Making concessions for dramatizing a novel for the screen is necessary, and I can handle that, but if you are tacking an iconic character and series, you need to at least make an effort (looking at you, American Assassin). Amazon kept pretty true to the source material of Killing Floor, and hit all the high points they needed to hit in order to make it a Jack Reacher story, rather than just a rando generic story line where the main character happens to have a famous name (looking at you, Jack Ryan). Ritchson portrays it much the way Cruise did in the two films, but with a bit more playfulness that took a little bit to come around to. The elephant in the room with the Tom Cruise movies was obviously his physical stature. So, Amazon got an actual elephant to play Reacher this time. Jack Reacher's physical size is a character unto itself, which was why Tom Cruise was not the right guy for the part. He portrayed him well, but Reacher's pro-wrestler appearance is half of what makes him Reacher.

The other three main characters were excellently cast, as well. Roscoe, Finlay, and Neagley were all pretty much how I remember picturing them. I think. I believed in the acting, in any case (Neagley was perfect, dammit). My only complaint, really, was that they seemed to have phoned in the final episode as far as the writing goes. Even though this is where the biggest differences from the novel occurred, they were still mostly believable, but the sequence writing was just formulaic and lacked imagination. The acting, again, was great; not their fault.

Yeah, I'm gushing. I'm a huge Jack Reacher fan, so I was incredibly excited to see the first previews for this show a few months ago. I don't think a better final product could have been produced that both reaches and attracts a mass audience, as well as satisfies the purists. I remember reading Killing Floor (the first in the series, and I believe Lee Child's first attempt at writing) and being unsure about it. Child found his stride after a few books, and I can't wait to see what Reacher S2 brings. My only disappointment is that Willa Fitzgerald and Malcolm Goodwin will not return for the next season. I hope that the show runners cast just as well for the supporting characters next time around.

I can't recommend the series highly enough if you are a Jack Reacher fan, and I think you'd probably enjoy the series even if you've never read a single one of the books.
Loved Reacher… I have several tv’s in the server room, and use wireless headphones, it usually helps past the time, but I caught myself more than a few occasions standing there watching 😂

I hate that I have to write this, since Karin Slaughter is one of my favorite authors and Toni Collette is a fantastic actress. However, Pieces of Her on Netflix was just not any good. I knew as soon as I heard this was the book of hers that was being adapted for the screen that it was going to disappoint. The final 8-episode product is drawn out, overly convoluted, and completely dragged down by the poor acting abilities of the lead actress (Bella Heathecoat). The story, the details, and the ending works in print, but they missed the bullseye here. Hell, they missed the whole dang dartboard...

I felt the same way about Without Remorse.
Was hoping they would do it justice, but completely ruined it.

Loved Reacher… I have several tv’s in the server room, and use wireless headphones, it usually helps past the time, but I caught myself more than a few occasions standing there watching 😂
That's when you know it's good, wife's watching something as I'm passing through and all of a sudden I'm sitting as well!

I felt the same way about Without Remorse.
Was hoping they would do it justice, but completely ruined it.

Without Remorse is easily in the top five, maybe top three, favorite books of mine in the History of EVAR. I don't understand why production companies feel that every story needs to be brought up to date to modern times. I have no problem with Michael B. Jordan playing John Kelly/Clark (oh, some of the things I've read online...), but they rewrote it as another of Amazon's "Jack Ryan"-esque generic formulas. This is a story that would have worked so incredibly well as a 1970s period piece in an 8-10 episode limited series. Are they planning on having MBJ's JC cross over into the Amazon Ryanverse?

That's when you know it's good, wife's watching something as I'm passing through and all of a sudden I'm sitting as well!

You understand she wasn't watching it because she is a fan of Lee Child's drifter novels, right...? ;)

You understand she wasn't watching it because she is a fan of Lee Child's drifter novels, right...? ;)
I suppose next your going to say she wasn't watching Gerard Butler in 300 because because of the plot....

Here is the million 💵 question. What should I watch next ?