• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

I agree. Hawkeye was fun with a great story. It's no WandaVision, but holds its own against Falcon/Winter Soldier as far as the D+ MCU shows go.
Yes IMHO, good story line.

Good, it’s at the end of the Marvel timeline and so just finished Black Widow. At the end credits, it’s hinted that she’ll go after Hawkeye. Maybe Black Widow 2?

For anyone keeping tabs. I recently watched Archive 81 on Netflix and it was a really good series. Here are a few that I havent seen mentioned in this thread, that I thought were really good.
The Queen's Gambit
Wild Wild Country
The Keepers

Last edited:
The Queens Gambit was a good series. Agreed. That’s the only one I’ve seen, if the ones y’all are talking about. I need to turn the box on more often.

Floyd T

For anyone keeping tabs. I recently watched Archive 81 on Netflix and it was a really good series. Here are a few that I havent seen mentioned in this thread, that I thought were really good.
The Queen's Gambit
Wild Wild Country
The Keepers
I quite enjoyed Archive 81 for its fairly mellow Lovecraftian horror.

It's not Netfix, and it's not a series, but I have been binge watching 20/20 on Hulu and I watched an episode last week that literally blew my mind.

It's Season 44, Episode 7 "Escape From a House of Horror"

Most of 20/20 shows are about murder and wrongful conviction (which happens all too frequently) but, without spoiling too much, this was about a family of two parents and 13 children. The children were not allowed out of the house and were subjected to crazy cruelties. What blew my mind was the two girls who were interviewed were 27 and 33 years old and still spoke like excited little children. When they were rescued, they didn't know many common words and were wide-eyed, frightened, youngsters.

They lived in a neighborhood of cluster homes and it just blew me away that it could happen!

It's not Netfix, and it's not a series, but I have been binge watching 20/20 on Hulu and I watched an episode last week that literally blew my mind.

It's Season 44, Episode 7 "Escape From a House of Horror"

Most of 20/20 shows are about murder and wrongful conviction (which happens all too frequently) but, without spoiling too much, this was about a family of two parents and 13 children. The children were not allowed out of the house and were subjected to crazy cruelties. What blew my mind was the two girls who were interviewed were 27 and 33 years old and still spoke like excited little children. When they were rescued, they didn't know many common words and were wide-eyed, frightened, youngsters.

They lived in a neighborhood of cluster homes and it just blew me away that it could happen!
Anyone remember about 15'ish years ago there was a guy in central New York that was found keeping a girl in a dungeon he dug underneath his back yard? That was about two miles from my wife's house (her parent's place, at the time), as the crow flies. It's sickening to think of how many times we drove by the place, and even commented on the property, while up there visiting -- the whole time there was some poor girl locked away as a sex slave just a few hundred feet off the road.

Anyone remember about 15'ish years ago there was a guy in central New York that was found keeping a girl in a dungeon he dug underneath his back yard? That was about two miles from my wife's house (her parent's place, at the time), as the crow flies. It's sickening to think of how many times we drove by the place, and even commented on the property, while up there visiting -- the whole time there was some poor girl locked away as a sex slave just a few hundred feet off the road.
I lived in Bath Township Ohio a couple different times in my life. Rural, beautiful, small homes and multi-million dollar homes scattered through the country-side. The first time I lived very close to the Firestone estate and would hear the hounds chasing the fox on the estate every Saturday morning. The second time I lived a couple miles on the other side of the Firestone estate and would often take my kids on long bike rides, the roads were paved but very basic. We often noticed a house that we rode by because of the odd architecture. One day, when we rode by, we saw police cars and the entire area was tapped off with police tape. It was Jeffrey Dahmer's house where he lived when he killed his first victims.

1646774268938.png

1646774213818.png

I lived in Bath Township Ohio a couple different times in my life. Rural, beautiful, small homes and multi-million dollar homes scattered through the country-side. The first time I lived very close to the Firestone estate and would hear the hounds chasing the fox on the estate every Saturday morning. The second time I lived a couple miles on the other side of the Firestone estate and would often take my kids on long bike rides, the roads were paved but very basic. We often noticed a house that we rode by because of the odd architecture. One day, when we rode by, we saw police cars and the entire area was tapped off with police tape. It was Jeffrey Dahmer's house where he lived when he killed his first victims.

View attachment 52974

View attachment 52973
Did the time you lived there coincide with the time Jeffery lived at the house?

I can't wait to hear the reason why you ask? But no, he moved away in 1978 and I lived there the first time from 1981 to 1985.

In the bottom left corner the red pin is his house, in the top right corner, the green arrow is where I lived. Nearly everything between them was the original Firestone estate. As the crow flies, according to Google Earth, 1.93 miles.

1646776003873.png

I can't wait to hear the reason why you ask? But no, he moved away in 1978 and I lived there the first time from 1981 to 1985.

In the bottom left corner the red pin is his house, in the top right corner, the green arrow is where I lived. Nearly everything between them was the original Firestone estate. As the crow flies, according to Google Earth, 1.93 miles.

View attachment 52975
My mind was just imagining you rolling by that house while Jeffery was out back doing what he does(did)... 😬 Creepy

View attachment 52975
Not to further derail this Netflix thread, but let's talk about that "Multiphibious Vehicle Company"...

*EDIT* This is straight up some "hold my beer..." shit going on right here.

1646819955902.png

I'm a huge fan of Michael Connelly (Bosch and Mickey Haller). I started the first episode of The Lincoln Lawyer tonight. Everyone complains because it's not Matthey McCohnaughey, but this sticks closer to the source material. The acting is a little stiff, but I'm giving it a chance.

We've watched:

13 Reasons
Tiger King
Ozark
All American
Outer Banks
Stranger Things
Making a Murderer
Any Jo Koy special - he's hilarious
Tiger king?? Come on man. Like our state needs any more help looking like a bunch of asshats!

Everybody's going to have their own taste. Shows I've really enjoyed there:

Sense8
Stranger Things
The Crown
Babylon Berlin
The Punisher
Jessica Jones
Travellers
Altered Carbon
The Umbrella Academy
I Am Not Okay With This
Barbarians
Mindhunters
Warrior Nun

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045 & The Old Guard are two fairly recent Netflix movies that were good.

Lately I've been put a bit off by the endless crapflood of zombies, vampires, witches, etc in popular shows & discovered Korean action shows on Netflix as an alternative---if you don't mind subtitles, these are all pretty good:

The Uncanny Counter
Sisyphus
Bad Guys
Vincenzo

~Boar
x2 on Mindhunters. I really liked that show and was bummed they cancelled after two seasons. Birth of FBI serial killer profiling.

I'm a huge fan of Michael Connelly (Bosch and Mickey Haller). I started the first episode of The Lincoln Lawyer tonight. Everyone complains because it's not Matthey McCohnaughey, but this sticks closer to the source material. The acting is a little stiff, but I'm giving it a chance.

I agree, the acting is a little stiff, but there is a solid foundation for the series to work off of. If this show is allowed to go on a few more seasons I'm sure it will only get better. Still a shame we will never get a Bosch/Haller crossover, like we often do in the books.

Finished Ozark and while a lot of fans didn't care for the ending, but I thought it was the best ending given who the characters are and what they did