• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

Brandon, I typically shy away from anything supernatural, the plot for Stranger Things indicates this. Is it overboard?

I mean, it’s set in the 1980s and a sci-fi series. Overboard supernatural? Yes, but it’s fun. We’re just waiting on the last 2 episodes to come out.

We’re down to the last 2 episodes of Ozark. It’s going to be a wild end.

I mean, it’s set in the 1980s and a sci-fi series. Overboard supernatural? Yes, but it’s fun. We’re just waiting on the last 2 episodes to come out.

We’re down to the last 2 episodes of Ozark. It’s going to be a wild end.
The last couple of episodes of ozark do not disappoint!

We ran out of shows on Netflix so we had to switch over to Apple TV. Highly recommend Ted Lasso. Not a suspenseful thriller or anything like that but a such a fun show. We literally finished all available episodes in just over a week.

We ran out of shows on Netflix so we had to switch over to Apple TV. Highly recommend Ted Lasso. Not a suspenseful thriller or anything like that but a such a fun show. We literally finished all available episodes in just over a week.

Have yall watched For All Mankind yet on Apple TV? I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard excellent things about it. Ronald D. Moore is the head writer of the series, and I've never seen a show he wrote that I did not like.

Have yall watched For All Mankind yet on Apple TV? I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard excellent things about it. Ronald D. Moore is the head writer of the series, and I've never seen a show he wrote that I did not like.
I haven't heard of that show, will definitely need to take a look.

For all mankind is a good show.

I’m disappointed that ozark ended.

Ted Lasso is such an awesome show. So funny and he’s so like able. Can’t wait for the next season

This is something I kind have had an issue with when it comes to the MCU. Sometimes I think they get a little crazy with the insider knowledge that it leaves some fans in the dark. I grew up reading comics, and Marvel was my favorite of the big two publishers, so I catch a lot of the small winks and nods right off the bat, but I still miss some now then, usually stuff interference to the newer stories. Overall I have been enjoying most of what they MCU has put out. Still need to watch Moon Knight and have enjoyed his comics in the past.

I was just having this discussion with someone a day or two ago. D+ has absolutely killed it with their concept of using the limited-run shows to set up and tie in to the upcoming theatrical releases and future plot lines. Their execution has been incredibly smooth and nearly seamless. That, in itself, presents the problem, though. I recently watched Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and if you didn't see WandaVision, you will be a bit lost. Hell, if you didn't see the post-credits, 15 second scene at the end of WandaVision, you will be lost. Disney and the MCU are making it so that subscribing to D+ and watching the shows is a necessity to following along with the MCU.

Mayans is pretty good. This current season has taken a few twists I didn’t care for but I understand what the show is about.

Finished up S3, and I'm 100% hooked. I wish S4 was on D+, already, but I probably have to wait until next year. :( I did, however, stumble upon some spoilers, unfortunately. I can't wait to see how those are set up and played out throughout S4. Mayans is a better show than SOA, in my opinion. I love everything about it, and all of the characters are believable -- I don't think there's a single one on the show that I hope gets killed off because I'm tired of watching them.

For me, I had no knowledge of the Moon Knight prior to watching the series, and I throughly enjoyed it. I am also enjoying Obi Wan, and that I think most have at least some knowledge of, myself included.

I am a little different when it comes to watching tv, shows, movies, etc. For me, it is about being entertained, at least at first. I don’t care about mistakes in timelines or procedures, or anything like that. If I am entertained ie..it keeps my attention..I will watch it. Later on I may watch it a 2nd or 3rd time and look for the other things I described to get a better understanding.

My wife on the other hand, wants things to be true to form. So much at times she will comment “this would never happen like this” or “that’s not how it works” etc, and even research the show on her phone, while watching it. Even if it is based in fantasy. But everyone has their own thing I guess.

One of my best examples is Game Of Thrones. I couldn’t get through the first episode to save my life. Found it terribly boring, all the while everyone is talking about how great the series was, and I think it was 4 seasons in or something when i started to try to watch it. So I forced myself to get through it, and into the second episode and then was hooked at that point.

I really liked Rome as well but that only lasted 2 seasons. But that’s one she would pick apart during the show…
I really enjoyed Rome and Carnival. Hated that they were short lived.

I guess I'm the only one here who was disappointed by Obi-Wan. What was the point, honestly, besides complete fan service? There was no tension to any of the action sequences, because we already know all of the protagonists survived. I was very interested in Reva's character, but then they went and gave her a generic redemption arc. She did absolutely nothing to affect change or furthering of any storylines. She was just there to make fans happy that the Inquisitors made the jump from cartoon to live action. Now, to address the Vader in the room...

Holy crap, did Disney get Darth Vader right for the first 5.8 episodes. Every time he was on screen it showed how Anakin had truly become Vader, and he was now E.V.I.L. That first duel in Ep 2 was awesome, and really demonstrated how he was now so much more powerful than Obi-Wan. That first fight made Vader's dominance over Alec Guinness's OB in ROTJ make total sense. Vader was fighting with ease the way he did against Guinness before he struck OB down. He was making Ewan McGregor look like a youngling who had picked up a lightsaber for the first time. Now, that final duel in Ep 6 was poetry in motion. It was art. It was beautiful. That final bit where Anakin/Vader was speaking through the broken helmet gave me chills. But, it also made no sense. Why, oh why was OB all of a sudden able to drive all-powerful Vader into the dirt like that? I get the "story" they were trying to tell, but it totally negated everything that the show had been building Vader up to be to that point.

Now, don't get me wrong -- I really did like the story they told with the series. However, there was never anything of consequence at stake, and it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Disney just needs to look at what Kevin Feige is doing with the MCU if they need direction on how to properly utilize a limited-run series within their larger universe.

Was it possible to show that OB in his younger years was more powerful than OB as a older but wiser Jedi? And that anakin even though rebuilt wasn’t quite as strong as his ego made him feel he was?

I think the earlier episode might have just been trying to show OB getting his sea legs back so to speak, since he had been in hiding for so long and even had buried his LS out in the desert. Just a thought?

Was it possible to show that OB in his younger years was more powerful than OB as a older but wiser Jedi? And that anakin even though rebuilt wasn’t quite as strong as his ego made him feel he was?

I think the earlier episode might have just been trying to show OB getting his sea legs back so to speak, since he had been in hiding for so long and even had buried his LS out in the desert. Just a thought?
My issue with this is that in the final duel in Ep 6, OB went ape shit against Vader the same way he scolded Anakin about doing in the flashbacks. Meanwhile, Vader is just (up to that point) fighting virtually single-handed the entire time, flicking OB away like a gnat. I do agree about OB getting his groove back, and it took him up until he was buried in rubble for that to happen. I do think that the intent was to have the ending of the second duel show exactly what you described about Vader/Anakin's ego. I just personally think that it undermined everything the show had been building Vader up to be, and made OB a hypocrite for attacking out of emotion (and winning) the way he told Anakin he'd never become a Jedi if he continued to fight that way. You make good and valid points, though.

For me, it just filled in some timeline about what OB was up to after the clone wars ... hiding out under an alias, living in a cave, working a labor job, etc. Also, the ending kind of explains why there isn't another interaction between him and Vader for a while because Palpatine basically tells him to get his priorities straight and only focus on what he's told to do.

Community on Amazon is hilarious! And it's pretty cool how a number of stars make a 5 minute appearance.

For me, it just filled in some timeline about what OB was up to after the clone wars ... hiding out under an alias, living in a cave, working a labor job, etc. Also, the ending kind of explains why there isn't another interaction between him and Vader for a while because Palpatine basically tells him to get his priorities straight and only focus on what he's told to do.
Ok, well said. I can see those points, for sure.

Give The Old Man a shot if you haven't tried watching it yet.
Jeff Bridges does a good job and there's some pretty technical MMA in one of the fight scenes. Reminiscent of Royce vs everyone else in UFC 1-5

Give The Old Man a shot if you haven't tried watching it yet.
Jeff Bridges does a good job and there's some pretty technical MMA in one of the fight scenes. Reminiscent of Royce vs everyone else in UFC 1-5
Have to agree with the Scaper, The Old Man was very good, maybe great. Jeff does some chit you don't expect and the story line is very loose, not typical Hollywood bla bla bla. Very ready to see episode #2.