• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

Would like to suggest you look at My Fathers Violin. It is not a deep movie, but the red headed girl steals the show And it is a nice watch for the kids also.

I just finished "Inventing Anna" on Netflix. Apparently it steered pretty true to real life events, and Julia Garner supposedly portrayed Anna Sorokin faithfully -- as to say Delvey / Sorokin is a sociopathic, narcissistic, vapid excuse for a consumer of oxygen that could be used by someone else less cuntish (yeah, she totally deserves the C-Word). I've rarely felt more embarrassed for humanity than upon seeing what these people were really like.

That said, it was brilliantly acted and produced, and the casting was pretty on point. If a talent can get you emotionally invested in their character, love them or hate them, then they are doing something right.

Watching community right now, it's got some funny stuff if you like irreverent comedy.

I finished Moon Knight on D+ last night. I will say that this show may just quite have the best writing, characters, and acting of any Disney + limited-run series. Oscar Isaac should get an Emmy for his acting in this. Isaac, Ethan Hawke, and May Calamawy were all incredible.

I will preface by saying that I knew absolutely NOTHING about Moon Knight before watching this show. Therefore, I was (by design) confused for pretty much half of this series's run before things started coming together. Because I knew so little about the Moon Knight origin and story, I was also left a little confused at the end, to be honest. I think that the way they chose to present this series was a bit ambitious for just six episodes -- I very much appreciate the angle they went for, but the execution, in my opinion, was not quite a home run. That said, if you are familiar with the character(s), then you may think this was an absolute grand slam.

This is where ScreenCrush on YouTube really helped me out. I've watched their videos for pretty much every episode of every series and movie they've done that I've been a viewer of. The recaps, easter eggs, theories, and comic tie-togethers gave me a much better appreciation for the way the Moon Knight series played out. It made what I was missing seem absolutely obvious, and I get it all now. The only problem I have with that, is one shouldn't need a third party connection to fully understand a show or movie once the credits roll. This ended up much longer than I wanted it to be, but it's a lot of show to unwrap, especially without going into the details of it for those who haven't seen it yet.

For me, I had no knowledge of the Moon Knight prior to watching the series, and I throughly enjoyed it. I am also enjoying Obi Wan, and that I think most have at least some knowledge of, myself included.

I am a little different when it comes to watching tv, shows, movies, etc. For me, it is about being entertained, at least at first. I don’t care about mistakes in timelines or procedures, or anything like that. If I am entertained ie..it keeps my attention..I will watch it. Later on I may watch it a 2nd or 3rd time and look for the other things I described to get a better understanding.

My wife on the other hand, wants things to be true to form. So much at times she will comment “this would never happen like this” or “that’s not how it works” etc, and even research the show on her phone, while watching it. Even if it is based in fantasy. But everyone has their own thing I guess.

One of my best examples is Game Of Thrones. I couldn’t get through the first episode to save my life. Found it terribly boring, all the while everyone is talking about how great the series was, and I think it was 4 seasons in or something when i started to try to watch it. So I forced myself to get through it, and into the second episode and then was hooked at that point.

I really liked Rome as well but that only lasted 2 seasons. But that’s one she would pick apart during the show…

Moon Knight was always one of my favorite fringe Marvel characters back in my days of comic nerding. Show was pretty different from the comics, but I loved it.

This is where ScreenCrush on YouTube really helped me out. I've watched their videos for pretty much every episode of every series and movie they've done that I've been a viewer of. The recaps, easter eggs, theories, and comic tie-togethers gave me a much better appreciation for the way the Moon Knight series played out. It made what I was missing seem absolutely obvious, and I get it all now. The only problem I have with that, is one shouldn't need a third party connection to fully understand a show or movie once the credits roll. This ended up much longer than I wanted it to be, but it's a lot of show to unwrap, especially without going into the details of it for those who haven't seen it yet.

This is something I kind have had an issue with when it comes to the MCU. Sometimes I think they get a little crazy with the insider knowledge that it leaves some fans in the dark. I grew up reading comics, and Marvel was my favorite of the big two publishers, so I catch a lot of the small winks and nods right off the bat, but I still miss some now then, usually stuff interference to the newer stories. Overall I have been enjoying most of what they MCU has put out. Still need to watch Moon Knight and have enjoyed his comics in the past.

Just started Mayans M.C. on D+. I know the show has been on for a few years, but wasn't really interested until I saw that Sarah Bolger plays the main female lead. I prefer her with red hair, but I would marry that woman tomorrow if the opportunity presented itself.

Mayans is pretty good. This current season has taken a few twists I didn’t care for but I understand what the show is about.

Mayans is pretty good. This current season has taken a few twists I didn’t care for but I understand what the show is about.
I'm on episode 5 of the first season, so... I'll get there. :p

Kids are excited about Stranger Things coming out.

Also just started the last half of the last season of Ozark.
Brandon, I typically shy away from anything supernatural, the plot for Stranger Things indicates this. Is it overboard?