• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Never forget.

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
DiscoverHawaiiTours_PearlHarbor_USSArizona_3.jpg

Doc

That is such a wonderful Memorial. If you're even near by, you should make the effort to go see.

Working at a museum on Ford Island, December 7th is probably our most active time of year. I didn't really make it on here to commemorate yesterday, so thank you, Doc, for posting this. This was the first anniversary with no Arizona survivors in attendance. It has been 77 years, and we have to work every day to make sure that future generations understand the magnitude of what happened that day. I'm amazed and saddened by how many people RIGHT HERE do not even know the history of the place.

Working at a museum on Ford Island, December 7th is probably our most active time of year. I didn't really make it on here to commemorate yesterday, so thank you, Doc, for posting this. This was the first anniversary with no Arizona survivors in attendance. It has been 77 years, and we have to work every day to make sure that future generations understand the magnitude of what happened that day. I'm amazed and saddened by how many people RIGHT HERE do not even know the history of the place.
God help us, if what you say is true.

Doc

I was lucky enough to be able to see it when I was 14. It was so great to go and learn all about the history, but also so sad. At the time you could see oil in the water that was still slowly leaking out, at least that’s what I was told. Also at the time, there were still the bones from the crew down below which I think some or all have been removed now?

I was lucky enough to be able to see it when I was 14. It was so great to go and learn all about the history, but also so sad. At the time you could see oil in the water that was still slowly leaking out, at least that’s what I was told. Also at the time, there were still the bones from the crew down below which I think some or all have been removed now?

Oil is still leaking out and there is still several thousand gallons down there. The remains are still down there and the surviving veterans of the event have been interred with their fellow veterans when they pass upon request. It ranges from scattering ashes to having remains placed in the ships hull.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=94763&page=1

I just went last year. Still a very somber thing to see when you think about the magnitude of it all. You can see the oil slick in the bottom picture.
5B0EA5A4-DBB2-4C36-A715-D6300735DE2F.jpeg19EF2152-A9D3-4699-B743-2118D355F3AA.jpeg

Attachments

• C8644F20-F95C-43EC-8011-6296A87B86FB.jpeg
    C8644F20-F95C-43EC-8011-6296A87B86FB.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1