• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New 300 humie @ 80 RH

tschoon

OK, so I got my freezador to stabilze at 72 RH. Now I am trying t get my new 300 count humie to stabilize. I am using the 2 large humidifiers that came with it and a 50/50 solution in both. It has been 48 hours now and it is sitting at 80 RH. I recalibrated the hygrometer thinking that was it but it shot right back up to 80 about an hour after putting it back in the box.

Am I too inpatient or is there something I should be doing I am not? I left a shot glass of distilled H2O in it for the first 24 hours and removed it.

Ideas???? ???

Take everything out and leave it open for 6 hours. Then put your meter in, let it sit for a couple hours, and then check the level. Make sure not to soak the foam. If it is too wet it can't absorb any excess humidity.

Emo

Am I too inpatient or is there something I should be doing I am not?
Yes.... give it some time. When using 50/50 it could take as much as a couple of weeks for your box to stabilize. One good point that Emo brought up was the level of saturation of your humidifiers.... if it's too soaked with solution it won't be able to absorb the excess moisture.

Emo's advice is great for drying out your box but if your humidifiers are over saturated once you put them back in your RH will shoot up again. If it were my 300 Ct Humi... I'd seriously think about going to Climmax humidification. Easy to use and it works great!

Good luck with your humi... I hope it stabilizes soon.

Aloha,

Wade

The above advice is the best- Leave it open for a couple of hours, let it dry up a bit- then you'll be golden.

50/50 is a miracle for cigars... it will go to 70 soon enough.. And a box that big- try to keep it at least half full at all times- adding cigars will help bring down the RH too.

GOOD LUCK

:thumbs: Toaster

I like the idea that I have to keep adding cigars. Would you explain that to my wife so she doesn't think it's just me?????? Kidding!!!!!!

tschoon said:
I like the idea that I have to keep adding cigars. Would you explain that to my wife so she doesn't think it's just me?????? Kidding!!!!!!
Don't use the "shoe" card to early!!! Just ease your buying habt a lttle for right now. You'll need that "shoe" card later on my friend!

Guy's y'all havn't been married long enough- Playing the shoe card only gets you sleeping on the couch with 1 pillow, and a childs blanket! :(

or is that just me?????

Toaster said:
Guy's y'all havn't been married long enough- Playing the shoe card only gets you sleeping on the couch with 1 pillow, and a childs blanket! :(

or is that just me?????
Been married 9 years and I haven't used the "shoe" car...but I have made reference to a card that may sontains shoes... LOL... Tip-toe the line as long as you can. I think it backfired because you either played the card too early, or your card was only good for 1 box, not 3... LMAO... TFF

tschoon said:
OK guys, clue me in. What's the "shoe" card?????
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

:0 :0 :0

COME ON!!!! Just think about it a little, YOU KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!

:p :p

tschoon said:
OK guys, clue me in. What's the "shoe" card?????
wife:why do you need more cigars....you already have 3 COOLERS full of them!!! :angry:

husband: the same reason you need to buy more shoes every weekend :p

wife: go sleep on the couch :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

husband: but...I...err....fine :( :( :(

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

am I glad I'm not married.
:D

though 2 roommates say the same things, I just respond with "the same reason you have plastic 2 literes of Vodka in you fridge and enough adult films on the computer to go 96 hrs. straight."

:thumbs:

Ahhhhh... I see. I haven't played that card yet. I just try and beat her home so she doesn't see the UPS boxes!! I am going to have to slow down but someone told me about cigarbid.com and it's like AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...I can't stop!!

My wife is really good about it though as I really don't spend alot of cashola on other things. At least I think she is...maybe she's just keeping it inside and plotting...plotting to take over my humie and..............

Ok, seeing as How the DOC actually Jacked his own thread, then I guess it doesn't qualify as thread jacking, BUT, there was a POINT to this thread.

On that point, I have one word....

BEADS!!