• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Car Opinions Please

PuroEsq

The Member Formerly Known as "JAEwing"
Any opinions on any of these cars. I may be looking soon and those have caught my eye so far.

Thanks.

- Jason

FWIW, A quick story on the Caddy, my stepson bought one a couple of years ago, and had plenty of problems. Many of them probably brought on by a lead foot, but the clutch when out at 36000, just out of warranty and 6 months later the engine blew. Like I said, some were probably his fault, but you would expect it to hold up a little better than it did.

Ken

Mercedes!

The new C class is targeted at the middle market, very nice and classy car that rivals the BMW 3 class.

Brian

The new CTS looks more agressive. I think it was a great redesign. Don't know much about any of them though.

I am a current 300c driver.
Love the car but I was pricing out the CTS recently.
They were giving me a much better price on a loaded CTS 4 then any 300c.
For looks and luxury the CTS.
For some RWD balls and fun the 300c.
I am 97% sold on a CTS when my lease is up in May.
Hopefully with an eventual Ligenfelter tune :whistling: .

-Rob

the CTS was redesigned with all the problems supposedly worked out. don't know anyone with the new one so i can not say for sure. However i have a friend in GA who uses the Charger as a police vehicle and he says that he used to think Dodge's were crap cars till he got into that one, he says the power in that car really kicks

I love my 2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE -- especially in the winter months. But you said car, so....

A good friend bought a brand new CTS loaded with every possible option -- and it is a wonderful ride.

I also loved driving my old Volvo S60R.... combination of safety and fun. But alas, I missed being in a truck-like vehicle...

300C out of those options, for strictly personal reasons. I love the design on the 300C and have always been a big Chrysler fan (family has always driven Chrysler and that's it). :)

I have only driven the 300c. The Hemi engine had plenty of oomph, but the suspension was way too soft. Based on the bit I know about the three of them, I'd go with the CTS.

I'd take the 300C unless you were considering a CTS-V.

To me, the charger just looks like a generic 4 door sedan, they butchered the charger name. The 300C looks like an old 300C...and that is a comfy-ass ride. Roomy, nice interior, and the balls to move it.

Ma has a Magnum R/T and I love that car, I'm buying it this spring. More or less the same as the 300C, just a wagon. The thing hasn't had a single problem in 3 years and 65,000 miles.

Get a nice used Jaguar XJ8! :thumbs:

No need to drop 80K+ on a new one, 2001 - 2003 are my preferences (they changed them in late 2003, early 2004) BUT 2004 and up are nice too! The 2004 and up (X350) are an all aluminum body which is cool but I like the looks of the '01 - '03 (X308) better. However, that's getting on the "old" side for most people so the heck with it, go for an X350, you won't be disappointed! :thumbs:

The newest car I've ever owned is ten years old so I'm still in the 1995-1997 (X300) time frame. :D The 1998-2000 (X305) are NO GOOD (bad engines) which they fixed in late '00 for the '01 model year. However, if you can find a '98-'00 that has had a factory replacement engine, you're good to go.

Get a nice used Jaguar XJ8! :thumbs:

No need to drop 80K+ on a new one, 2001 - 2003 are my preferences (they changed them in late 2003, early 2004) BUT 2004 and up are nice too! The 2004 and up (X350) are an all aluminum body which is cool but I like the looks of the '01 - '03 (X308) better. However, that's getting on the "old" side for most people so the heck with it, go for an X350, you won't be disappointed! :thumbs:

The newest car I've ever owned is ten years old so I'm still in the 1995-1997 (X300) time frame. :D The 1998-2000 (X305) are NO GOOD (bad engines) which they fixed in late '00 for the '01 model year. However, if you can find a '98-'00 that has had a factory replacement engine, you're good to go.

I'm sorry, but are you really suggesting an 80,000 dollar ford?

Of the ones you listed I would definietly go with the CTS. The 08' is VERY nice! But, like someone said earlier the Mercedes C class is nice. And lets not forget the infinity.

Bang for the buck - Charger R/T.

I have a Magnum R/T - it rocks...AND when I'm hwy cruising I still get 22mpg - with a V8!

The 300C is designed to be 'softer'. Of the 3 models (300C/Magnum R/T, Charger R/T) the Magnum had the best feel.
My brother's in law enforcement (as well as hot rods)...he loves the Magnum's ride.

With that said - should you go with the Charger R/T, get the performance package. (They added it last year or 06?).
I believe it adds the Daytona type suspension and some engine stuff - for around a $1200 option....it work great.
(I test drove the Daytona, R/T w/suspension pack and R/T all in the same day - the R/T with the sus. pack kicked arse!

Now - I grew up with dad having a 'Caddy'...today they are asking a LOT for a name!

Oh - and Dodge has the new warranty on it's vehichles......great incentive when I look at a vehicle.

Hold off on buying anything and wait for the Challenger to come out.

I have an 05 300 Touring, lease is up in July and Chrysler is willing to buy back the remaining payments, I'm a bit over the miles allowed, so to avoid paying for the extra miles I will be going for an 08 300C or 300 SRT, but this time I'm going for the extra miles on the lease. If i wouldn't get hammered on the extra miles I would go for the CTS.

Don't get me wrong i love the 300, but you see them on every corner.

Have you taken a look at the Magnum? Nice ride - particularly the SRT and the Hemi versions