• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New England in October...

tigger

gutter-grade asstrash
Is New England in October. There's really nothing more to say about it, except that the foliage is exceptional this year, and the hooneymoon's great! :)

That's cool.

I thought you were talking about the Chargers beating New England in October. :laugh:

Brian

Is New England in October. There's really nothing more to say about it, except that the foliage is exceptional this year, and the hooneymoon's great! :)
We've had the best foliage season in quite some time. There has been a glow that has been absent the last couple of years. A lot of red. It's too bad we've had fewer leafpeepers to see it. We had a pink sunset last night and combined with my maples in the front yard it was pretty spectacular.

Doc.

We've had the best foliage season in quite some time. There has been a glow that has been absent the last couple of years. A lot of red. It's too bad we've had fewer leafpeepers to see it. We had a pink sunset last night and combined with my maples in the front yard it was pretty spectacular.

Doc.

Very ture! Great stuff.

I've been thinking about taking a long weekend and bringing the family upstate New York or into New England. I just want to relax and enjoy the sights of autumn. Any suggestions?

I've been thinking about taking a long weekend and bringing the family upstate New York or into New England. I just want to relax and enjoy the sights of autumn. Any suggestions?
Yup, you should have left two weeks ago. You might want too try S. New England. It't not as great as the North, too many oaks, but it's not bad.

Doc.

Doc.

How about some pics for those of us in states that have NO trees? :laugh:

Here ya go, flatlander,

foliage1_000.jpg

localinfo_foliage.jpg

Doc.

Doc.

We had a very nice fall this year, as well. We finally got out of the drought conditions and the moisture really helped the trees pop. We have a lot more evergreens and other softwoods up here so it's mostly green and yellow, but we have specks of the reds and oranges.

Too bad it only lasts about a week and a half up here. As soon as it gets really beautiful a fuggin' front blows through and knocks all the leaves off. :angry:

We had a very nice fall this year, as well. We finally got out of the drought conditions and the moisture really helped the trees pop. We have a lot more evergreens and other softwoods up here so it's mostly green and yellow, but we have specks of the reds and oranges.

Too bad it only lasts about a week and a half up here. As soon as it gets really beautiful a fuggin' front blows through and knocks all the leaves off. :angry:

Exactly! My wife and I were just talking about that last night. Trees were just getting good around here and now it seems like it already peaked and the sh*ting wind is blowing the leaves off the trees already.

Ah well. Winter will be here too soon.

BR

Glad to hear the both of you are having a great time.

It's too bad that the leaves here suck this year, actually last week was a little better but it seems like they are hitting the ground too fast this year.

024.jpg

Across the lake.

022.jpg

Across the street.

Just a little bland. :(

I have fond memories of having spent a year stationed in Groton CT. Fall colors in the Rockies were marred this year by the tremendous damage wrought by the pine bark beetle. It's a natural thing, they say.

I have fond memories of having spent a year stationed in Groton CT. Fall colors in the Rockies were marred this year by the tremendous damage wrought by the pine bark beetle. It's a natural thing, they say.
Sure sound like a tree hugger to me.

Doc.

Having lived in New England all my life, I sometimes fail to notice how nice New Hampshire can be in the fall. I gotta say, mid October is probably one of the best times in the whole year, followed by spring.

A few from Waterville Valley, NH, and a few from home town.
396227257_ebKLw-M.jpg

396227589_3nhvh-M.jpg

396227441_xSF4S-M.jpg

396227110_QdmVn-M.jpg

more to follow