• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

new hygrometer/thermometer

mhn

So I bought this combination hygrometer/thermometer at radioshack this week and it's actually really cool.

It came with this main unit and this remoter unit. (you can buy up to 2 additional remote units and view their readings on the main unit as well.

The main unit is probably too big to put in a humidor, but since you can view the remote unit readings from the main unit, that means you don't have to open the humidor to do so.

I did the salt test on my remote unit and the humidy reading was only -1% off.

So I'm pretty happy.

Anyone else use these?

cheers,
Mike

It look really cool. A bit of hitech in the fine art of preserving the sticks. :D :p

Great idea. :thumbs: I have similar unit made by Lacrosse. I'll have to give it a try.

sweet, i love stuff like that.. notice its all sold out now! i wish i had got one. ill look around.

Very Cool! Hey I wonder if the range is long enough for me to keep track of my humis while I'm in Vegas? ???

lucasbuck said:
Very Cool! Hey I wonder if the range is long enough for me to keep track of my humis while I'm in Vegas? ???
hehe...probably not...I think it says 300 ft. ???

Oh well,
Time to un-lurk.

I also have that same one from Radio Shaq. ;)
Built me a fridgador. The main unit sits on my deskand I don't even have to open the closet door to check the levels.

Actually you can have 6 remote units as there is an A/B switch on the back. So you can have 3 A units and 3 B units

but i think you have to set the receiver (main unit) to either A or B as well thus only allowing 3??

mhn said:
but i think you have to set the receiver (main unit) to either A or B as well thus only allowing 3??
I believe that the A/B switch on the Main unit will just let you toggle between the 3 A units and the 3 B units.....not poitive though

I think yours was last years model on clearance. The new ones were on sale for $49.95 I think. I bought the radio shack $19.95 model cuss I too cheap right now