• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New(ish) to Pipe smoking - Trade?

wanlail

I'm newish to the pipe smoking. I've gotten a few different pipes from estates, b&m, ect. My local only carries bulk aromatics and I was looking to try things outside of this realm. Anyone interested in doing a trade for pipe tobaccos? Can offer cigars, ect.

I was looking to try some Balkan Savineli. I have a tin of Christmas Cheer 2008 and enjoy it. Just lookin to try and expand before I go off the deep end and buy too much.

(not sure if this should be posted in the BST area?)

Thanks,
Kevin

Welcome to a wonderful way to enjoy tobacco!

I don't have Balkan Sav; I could put together a great newbie sampler for you.

I buy most of my tobacco in bulk and jar it so tins are not really my thing. I have a wide selection of English type bulk including Stokkebye Balkan Supreme, Peretti Oriental #40, Peretti Royal Blend, Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium. I have many VAs, too.

Most aromatics like the one's in your B&M are not very flavorful but there are some very tasty ones. I just discovered Lane IQ and really like it and I want to try the Butternut Burley I've read some fellow forum members discussing. I'm still discovering new blends I like all the time even after more than a year. Like cigars, it's quite a journey of discovery which I think is part of the fun!

If you're interested, PM me. But if you want to hold out for sealed tins and the Balkan Sav, I'll totally understand. Best of luck with your new hobby, either way.

Steve

Excellent trade, Wanlail! I'm enjoying a smoke and a Shiner Bock after finishing the last lawn cutting of the season; a great way to enjoy the afternoon! I'll get you back in the near future!

I'm newish to the pipe smoking. I've gotten a few different pipes from estates, b&m, ect. My local only carries bulk aromatics and I was looking to try things outside of this realm. Anyone interested in doing a trade for pipe tobaccos? Can offer cigars, ect.

I was looking to try some Balkan Savineli. I have a tin of Christmas Cheer 2008 and enjoy it. Just lookin to try and expand before I go off the deep end and buy too much.

(not sure if this should be posted in the BST area?)

Thanks,
Kevin

PM on the way.

Id be very interested in doing a tobacco trade! I have 5 or 6 25g bags I bought from my local B&M and didnt care for it at all after half a bowl.

Id VERY much like to get my hands on this Bobs Chocolate Flake... I have called all over my city, and no one seems to have ever heard of it... unreal!!

I received Kevin's end of our trade today and he sent some very nice looking smokes along the lines of what we discussed.

I would gladly deal with you again, bro!

Steve

P.S. Kevin replied to my PM that the White Owl he sent was from the 50s! I thought it might be a joke. :D

Bob's Chocolate Flake is from Gawith & Hoggarth and you probably won't find it at a local brick & mortar.

Lots of places sell it online. Two that immediately come to mind are 4noggins and mars cigars & pipes

http://www.4noggins.com/

http://www.marscigars.com/

No affiliation...