• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to Cigars, and Loving it!

Feynnehrun

Hello all,
So I'm new to the Cigar world (4 months) and even newer to the Cigar Pass world. Over the past few months I've been to my local cigar shop, attacking the owner relentlessly with questions and asking for advice, which he has been more than happy to give. I've spent my days in his smoke room beating him or getting beaten by him at chess while we talk about his favorite cigars. I bought a small humidor to keep my cigars for when I go out to sea and eventually realized I need a bigger humidor (as my obsession with this amazing world continues to grow) and even now I think I need an even bigger one. I started off with flavored cigars because I thought only good taste could come from flavoring....boy was I wrong. I slowly dipped my feet into the world of some mild cigars and loved it. The cigar shop owner has been smoking them for like 30 years or something like that and has a fuller body taste, and by his recommendation I jumped into the world of Fuller bodies and am waddling around in the amazing flavors I've found outside of those silly flavored cigars. So now...I'm here at the cigarpass community, looking to make this my second home! So, for my first post, I am going to list off some of the Cigars I have in my humidor and would love it if people who have smoked any of the ones they see tell me what they think! Kinda hoping this will be fun for those who get to look back on the beginning of their cigar days when they may or may not have smoked some of these listed. It will also help me see what people have similar tastes to me and what they might recommend for my next purchase!
5 Vegas Cask Strength II
5 vegas Gold
5 Vegas Limitada
Don Pepin Garcia Blue Lable
DPG Cubana classic
DPG Series JJ
Diesel Unholy Cocktail (love these)
Diesel Shorty
Nub Habano
Camacho Legends
Indian Tabac Super fuerte
Gurkha Gran reserve Robust
Gurkha Triple ligero
Padilla Miami
Man O War Virtue
Man O War Ruination (love these)
Various Rocky Patels ( I know that's about as vague as ever)
Graycliff G2
G3
Oliva Serie O
Oliva serie A
La Estrella
And many more...this list was off the top of my head but depending on how the thread turns out I might actually inventory my stuff and see what y'all think. Thanks in advance for any Insight you can provide this n00b into the world of cigars!

Send me your addy and maybe Xmas will come early.

You will find that Cubans are not for the most part what they were. Plus, per stick depending on your favorite vitola you will find HR and DOM the preferred choice. As said by the other brother, try a Padron or Fuente and fall in love.

I can tell you one thing, fill out you profile. The botl actually pay attention to see if you really want to be a member or just stuck you head in the door.

This is a great spot, but it works two ways, so help us so we can help you.

Regards,

Ed. ( Pugman1943 )

I've smoked everything on your list except for the Diesels. My preference is for the Don Pepins -- the Blacks and Blues specifically.

Welcome to the community and to the cigar life. Now go find a herf and meet some BOTLs.

I've smoked everything on your list except for the Diesels. My preference is for the Don Pepins -- the Blacks and Blues specifically.

Welcome to the community and to the cigar life. Now go find a herf and meet some BOTLs.

Haha thanks!!!! Might have trouble finding peeps in Kodiak, Alaska! But I will be in Vegas soon enough for a week in Nov.

Welcome! I'm new too like you . . . I just ordered a bunch of cigars for my humidor as well. Some padrons, fuentes, macanudos, montecristos, perdomo, partagas

These all seemed to be very popular brands on the forums here, so I did a lot of reading up, took some recommendations and ordered my cigars. I would definitely check out the cigar review forum and read up on the reviews there to see what some different cigars are like.

Save yourself the pain and don't buy from the magazines. Once you have a Padron or Fuente, you will desperately want to get rid of all the dog rockets. Check out the newbie sampler thread.

Welcome to the world of cigars! We snagged another one. :-D I can honestly say I haven't smoked many cigars that you have in that box...but if you get some Rocky Patels or Fuentes you'll be very happy!

I second the Padrons. Very nice smokes. I'm new to this game as well. I hit a slippery slope about 6 months ago and haven't looked back! Welcome to the dark side!

If you want to figure out what you will like you are going to have to smoke them and that is one of the best parts!

Personally, the DPG's and Padilla Miami are the only ones on that list I might reach for but your experience might differ. If you want to hit some smokes that most people find enjoyable take the advice of everyone who has mentioned Padron and many of Fuente's products.