• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New wineador help

twenty2z

• I'm excited that I ordered a NewAir AW-281E today , I got a scratch and dent unit for $125. Next week I'm going to order the shelves. What is a good combo of drawers and shelves that work well for you guys. Also what is the best way to humidify it. Thanks all info and opinions will be helpful.

Most people around here go with a few pounds of Heartfelt beads. It's a really simple and mostly idiot proof way of managing humidity.

I bought my shelves from Forest, you probably want to order those now since it does take a little while to get. I use 2 lbs of humidity beads and a a cigar oasis XL (mostly to circulate the air as its an overkill). I have 4 drawers and 2 shelves. Cigar oasis sits on the bottom, 1 lb is on the shelf above it and 1 lb sits in the top drawer. I do have a boveda bag in each of the other 3 drawers for good measure but yes I am WAY overkilling it.

Attachments

• IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3030.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3120.JPG
    IMG_3120.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 18
Looks good , that's where i'm going to order them from. I think I will go for the $150 package with the 4 drawers and 2 shelves.

I wipe it down with vinegar a few times and also used baking soda. Now I have a few boxes inside and all I smell is the cedar. Do you think I'm safe to put in some cigars yet.