• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

new wineador seasoning

bill.u

Hi Just recently purchased a large thermo cooled wine fridge.
Just in the process of seasoning it, I have 4 boveda packs 84% and a conatiner with spunge with distilled water.
Any advice would be great help I have ordered custom draws but I wont recieve for a while yet so any help would be great.

Thanks

I have currently some shelves and cigar box.
Problem is I wont be getting my custom shelves and draws for a little while, my old thermoelectric cooler (whynter 251s) is not cooling the unit down its buckled , cant get parts delivered to Australia .:(
So I had to purchase a new cooler here in Australia cyber cool significantly larger.

I will be going on holidays in 10 days for approx 19 days so need to get the rh right in the new wineador so I dont ruin cigars any ideas or suggestion I was considering zip locking the cigars and putting in a boveda with each bag and then just place it in the new wineador where it will be kept cool.

Or getting large tuperware boveda and beads and placing in the new humidor what do you think ?
its summer hear now so it will get hot.

Any suggestions would be great help.

Ziploc bags with bovedas will suffice, while you're gone. As long as it keeps the temperature down, you should be good.

Cool sounds like a plan , the cooler works well keeps nice cool.
I also have some large cigar boxes, thier will be to many to put all in zip lock bags.
would tupperware do the trick as well ?

OK so I have ziplocked,boveda and then air tight container each box.
I have noticed some condensation on the bottom cooler , I have plugged the hole where all the coolers condensation channels meet, and have left a sponge there.
Any ideas on what else I can do

OK so I have ziplocked,boveda and then air tight container each box.
I have noticed some condensation on the bottom cooler , I have plugged the hole where all the coolers condensation channels meet, and have left a sponge there.
Any ideas on what else I can do

I cut a plastic cup (like a solo cup) into a 3 inch strip and taped it just under where the condensation starts. Then I ran the other end into a small tupperware container, that had beads in it. I really only had to worry about the condensation, during the summer months, otherwise it took care of itself.

Ok whats a solo cup ?
is it a white styrofoam cup ?
I would have to do 3 of these under each fan and route the water in to beads

No solo cups in Australia? LOL. I'm sure there are some threads, if you google it, about this issue.

LOL Like I said styrofoam , plastic cups .
I think I might have a plastic catcher from my old humidor maybe measure and cut out some grooves its fairly long.
and add a tube going into beads this might just do the trick.

On another note smoke anything nice lately ?

Update still waiting on draws , but instead of using a red solo cup the local office works like (kinkos) has a 3d printer which I can use
so I will try to make a custom tray, very excited.

the local office works like (kinkos) has a 3d printer which I can use
so I will try to make a custom tray, very excited.

This sounds interesting... Please post photos when they're complete.

The only way to route any condensation in the CyberCool models would be to open the fan grill and look. Unfortunately for these models, the water does not come out in one spot, so it would be difficult.
It's actually quite similar to the Whynter models that have the drain hole at the bottom. They're very similar in many aspects - so much so that I think CyberCool may just be a Whynter re-badged for Australian use (or made in the same factory).

Anyway, BOL. Let me know what you do with the condensation - I have a CyberCool 28 bottle.

Yeah will have to check it out.
I also have a whynter 251 the cyber cook I have has 3 thermo fans

Finally receieved draws looks great , just in time purchased a lot of boxes on the way
IMG_5541.JPG

Last edited:
Ok I have been seasosning new shelves with a slight wipe down distilled water, and have for 84% bovedas, adn 4 cups with sponge and disstilled water.
it has been over a week now the rh was ok and last 3 days the rh has spiked from 67 to 76 rh do you think I should take out the bovedas and sponges and introduce the heartfelt beads yet ?