• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie - Sipping Tequilas

Mike_MFTG

I mainly drink beer for the most part, but was thinking about venturing into new spirits. I’ve had my share of margaritas in the past, however I’m interested in trying out a tequila that is meant for sipping. Total newbie in this arena and wanted to reach out to the group to see what y’all would recommend. Budget $150. Recommendations?

Many tequilas add blue agave nectar. They can still call themselves tequila but it is nothing other than a sugar water additive. Avoid them completely. Tequila matchmaker app can help you ID a tequilas "NOM" and other brands from that same distillery. You can sip on all of the additive free brand's Blanco to XA. Some pure sippahs to start...

G4, Volans, Fortaleza, Gran Dovejo, Arete, Pasote, El Tesoro

If a tequila has been endorsed by anyone that you have heard of before, keep moving.

And I just sip plata/blanco neat. Hornitos or Herradura is good enough for me, Casamigos or Fortaleza if you want something a little more upscale.

The wood flavor of aged tequila is the flavor that brings back bad tequila memories, take that away and I love the stuff.

My niece has a place in Baja and they bring me back a few bottles of something different every time they come here, I have 4 unopened bottles she dropped off last week.

I guess it depends.
  1. If you have to drink it, it doesn't matter. Lick it, slam it, suck it.
  2. As a liquid panty remover, have her lick it, slam it, suck it. (the tequila)
  3. For cleaning the floor, there are less expensive things you can buy.
🤣

I mainly drink beer for the most part, but was thinking about venturing into new spirits. I’ve had my share of margaritas in the past, however I’m interested in trying out a tequila that is meant for sipping. Total newbie in this arena and wanted to reach out to the group to see what y’all would recommend. Budget $150. Recommendations?

You're right by Houston and have some great tequila joints to explore down there.

Do you get to the city much?

You're right by Houston and have some great tequila joints to explore down there.

Do you get to the city much?
Not much - I mostly stay up north, but would be interested in recommendations in Houston.