• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL pool (tie-breaker change) TOMORROW NOON DEADLINE!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
YOU MUST BE A SIX MONTH MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING IN ORDER TO PLAY.

PICKS MUST BE IN BY NOON SEPTEMBER 7TH

I am changing the first tie-breaker so that we don't have to wait until the Super Bowl to declare a winner.

The first tie breaker will be to guess what team will have the best "regular season" record.

The second tie breaker will be to guess the total number of points earned by the winner of this pool.

I will send my picks to John @jfields and let everyone know when I have done that, then everyone else can send their picks to me via PM.

Deadline for picks is Wednesday September 7th at 12 noon EST.

Here is the format:
  1. One fiver valued at $40 minimum per entry, you may enter as many times as you wish.
  2. Number of participants will determine payouts
  3. Non-winners will ship cigars to winners
You pick the order of finish of all 8 divisions and as a tie-breaker, you pick the total points scored by the winner of this pool.

10 points per division, 80 points total available.

EXAMPLE: AFC North
  1. Ravens (4 points)
  2. Bengals (3 points)
  3. Steelers (2 points)
  4. Browns (1 points)

PLAYERS:
Cigarstone
@thinde
@smellysell
@IngloriousBasterd
@bfreebern
@StatHaldol
@xyz123
@CigSid
@modo22
@cohibasurfer
@CgarDan
@zack3140
@AutumnWinBaby
@SKYDIVNEKD
@TexasTraveler

Last edited:
I have an idea how to set it up but I am open to any suggestions.

Plenty of time to chat about it but here is my thought.

Each player will mail his cigars to the determined winners.

Each contestant will choose the order of finish of all eight divisions. Below is how the points will be earned in each division, 10 points per division, 80 total points possible. Based on how they finish using the NFL tie-breaker system.
  1. First place = 4 points
  2. Second place = 3 points
  3. Third place = 2 points
  4. Fourth place = 1 point
Also, as a tie-breaker, choose the two teams you believe will earn a bye in the wild-card weekend.

If that is also tied, I will come up with a tie-breaker for an early game in wild-card weekend.

How many places will be paid, and how much, will be determined by how many players we have.

As a bonus question, the first person to properly answer "no" to the following question will receive a fiver of Montecristo White from @TexasTraveler Aaron.

WILL THE COWBOYS FINALLY WIN A PLAYOFF GAME?

Plenty of time to chat about it but here is my thought.

Each player will mail his cigars to the determined winners.

Each contestant will choose the order of finish of all eight divisions. Below is how the points will be earned in each division, 10 points per division, 80 total points possible. Based on how they finish using the NFL tie-breaker system.
  1. First place = 4 points
  2. Second place = 3 points
  3. Third place = 2 points
  4. Fourth place = 1 point
Also, as a tie-breaker, choose the two teams you believe will earn a bye in the wild-card weekend.

If that is also tied, I will come up with a tie-breaker for an early game in wild-card weekend.

How many places will be paid, and how much, will be determined by how many players we have.

As a bonus question, the first person to properly answer "no" to the following question will receive a fiver of Montecristo White from @TexasTraveler Aaron.

WILL THE COWBOYS FINALLY WIN A PLAYOFF GAME?
No because you can't win a playoff game if you're not in one.

I needed some mindless time last night so just for the hell of it, I did a ranking of each division and found I was able to choose the order of finish pretty easily in all but two divisions. The AFC West is tough because there are four legitimate teams who could all finish in 1st or 2nd. The NFC East is tough because there are four teams who could all finish 3rd or 4th.

I needed some mindless time last night so just for the hell of it, I did a ranking of each division and found I was able to choose the order of finish pretty easily in all but two divisions. The AFC West is tough because there are four legitimate teams who could all finish in 1st or 2nd. The NFC East is tough because there are four teams who could all finish 3rd or 4th.
I bet I know who you picked to win the NFC East... :cool: CCF - Closet Cowboy Fan

Bears for NFC North?

😋

Since it's getting easier and easier to lose interest in the NFL these days, I hope this sparks a bit of interest in our own way. I know I have been watching what teams are doing just to help make this and other bets interesting.