• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL smack talk

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I don't know if there is a thread already addressing this but with the season coming up, I figured....why not?

First, let me say that the NFL is a despicable organization and with the political games they are playing these days, I won't be surprised if this season spells the end of a great sport in America.

That being said, what team do you think will surprise people? Either good or bad. And why?

Who will come from nowhere? I think the 49ers and the Colts will do well.
  1. The Colts got rid of the most over-rated player in the NFL at their helm, how could they not do well.
  2. The 49ers are poised to make a huge leap.
Who will fall from grace? The Browns and the Packers could take a step back.
  1. The over-hype about the Browns is comical, this is still the team that has the worst owners and the worst culture in all of sports. One year does not cleanse that stench. Thinking they will be great is like thinking a career bogey golfer is going to make it on tour because he birdied the last two holes in his Wednesday night league.
  2. The non-stop turmoil between Rogers and management has to take a toll.
Who will implode? As hard as it is for me to say, it might be the Steelers. And the Patriots will struggle even more if they keep trying to get MVP play from the guy who is now the most over-rated player in the NFL.
  1. The Steelers are no longer the Steelers of old. The owner is more concerned about political correctness than he is about winning football games and the head coach has never learned that great football requires discipline.
  2. The Patriots way (minus the cheating) is no longer being displayed in Foxboro. And players may not wish to endure Belichick's hard line when there isn't a chance to win it all.

I’m intrigued to see if the Dolphins continue to progress. It’s a big year for Tua. In the same division, I wonder if the Bills will continue on the trajectory they’ve been on the past seasons.

Similar to the Dolphins, the Cardinals are a bit of a curiosity to me. I wonder if they continue to progress or get found out this season. The Rams are an interesting prospect with Stafford there now. I think they’ll likely get things back on track. And I agree about the 49ers. In fact that NFC West looks to be a rough division again as the Seahawks won’t be pushovers either.

I’m a Browns fan who is cautiously optimistic and excited. At the moment, my biggest concern is staying healthy and hoping the new look defense jells early. The AFC North is a tough division, though, and unlike many fellow Browns fans I don’t take that for granted.

Cowboys all the way!! If not, Brady will win another.

🥜🥊
The Cowgirls are an interesting dichotomy. Always picked to do well, always fall short. Bad ownership trumps all else. :)

I’m intrigued to see if the Dolphins continue to progress. It’s a big year for Tua. In the same division, I wonder if the Bills will continue on the trajectory they’ve been on the past seasons.

Similar to the Dolphins, the Cardinals are a bit of a curiosity to me. I wonder if they continue to progress or get found out this season. The Rams are an interesting prospect with Stafford there now. I think they’ll likely get things back on track. And I agree about the 49ers. In fact that NFC West looks to be a rough division again as the Seahawks won’t be pushovers either.

I’m a Browns fan who is cautiously optimistic and excited. At the moment, my biggest concern is staying healthy and hoping the new look defense jells early. The AFC North is a tough division, though, and unlike many fellow Browns fans I don’t take that for granted.
I see the Dolphins continuing their rise. And I think Stafford gives the Rams something to look forward to, it's just a shame that guy played his entire career in a place where God couldn't win.

I fail to understand how certain teams like the Browns, Lions, and Jets, can fail for 50 years? The law of averages says they should get it figured out eventually. Living in the Cleveland area, where professional sports has been a joke for a million years, I love how Browns fans consider themselves great fans because they continue to love their team? That's like saying "I am a great husband because I still love and support my wife even after catching her cheating on me 25 times". And trust me, the Browns cheated on their fans for 50 years.

The Cowboys should have packaged Dak and Zek and traded for Rodgers. That would have been the biggest trade since Charles Haley...
Not sure Rogers would have done that. I don't think anyone with high level creds will play or coach for the Jerry Jones.

Not sure Rogers would have done that. I don't think anyone with high level creds will play or coach for the Jerry Jones.
He would have the best WR core in his career, and still have Pollard at RB... Offense would be lethal with a guy like Rogers, just saying... A guy can dream!

He would have the best WR core in his career, and still have Pollard at RB... Offense would be lethal with a guy like Rogers, just saying... A guy can dream!
It's like the two rules for military doctors in wartime.
Rule #1, young people die.
Rule #2, doctors can't change rule #1.

In Dallas...........
Rule #1, Jerry Jones will hamper the team.
Rule #2, no amount of talent can change rule #1.

🤓

I see the Dolphins continuing their rise. And I think Stafford gives the Rams something to look forward to, it's just a shame that guy played his entire career in a place where God couldn't win.

I fail to understand how certain teams like the Browns, Lions, and Jets, can fail for 50 years? The law of averages says they should get it figured out eventually. Living in the Cleveland area, where professional sports has been a joke for a million years, I love how Browns fans consider themselves great fans because they continue to love their team? That's like saying "I am a great husband because I still love and support my wife even after catching her cheating on me 25 times". And trust me, the Browns cheated on their fans for 50 years.
I don't understand how Stafford has become they martyr people think he is? Yes he's been in a bad situation his entire career, but as summertime who's watched almost every game he's played, he's been just as much of the problem as anyone. Good QBs carry a team, which he never has, he's probably the most inconsistent QB I've ever watched. Will be interesting to see how he does with a supposedly good coach and organization (I think the jury is still out on McVay).

I don't understand how Stafford has become they martyr people think he is? Yes he's been in a bad situation his entire career, but as summertime who's watched almost every game he's played, he's been just as much of the problem as anyone. Good QBs carry a team, which he never has, he's probably the most inconsistent QB I've ever watched. Will be interesting to see how he does with a supposedly good coach and organization (I think the jury is still out on McVay).
I will definately defer to you! I've not watched him religiously. I've just seen that he has talent and he is in a klusterfuk of an organization who could screw up any talented player.