• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NHL 2016-17

The Black Cloud

Regular season started yesterday and my Kings picked up where they left off...getting beat by the Sharks. To make matters worse Quick had a misstep and must have tweaked a groin muscle. He's out for the forseeable future.

How about that Auston Matthews kid, eh? 4 goals in his first NHL game. He should be quite an exciting player to watch in the coming years. Toronto still lost the game, lol.

Yeah, and my Hawks picked up where they left off.....losing to the Blues....damnit. Yeah, that was pretty neat seeing the kid score 4 goals. Sucks they lost. He gave a good postgame interview as well...was happy with the 4 goals, but would have rather had the win.

With Quick out week-to-week we sure could use Jones back in our goal. Home opener versus Philly tonight. Coincidentally the first Kings game ever back in '67 was between the Kings and Flyers.

Bruins won their first. Came back from two 2goal deficits with out super star Patrice Bergeron. In fact his line scored all the goals in a 6-3 win over Columbus. BTW, who the hell gave Columbus an NHL hockey club?

Doc

Resurrecting this thread to say Bob Miller, the voice of the Kings for the past 44 years will be retiring at the end of the season due to health issues. It's extremely bittersweet. Us Kings fans have known this day would be coming sooner or later but it still hits pretty hard. He's scheduled to call the last 2 games of the season which I know will be very emotional. I'm just happy he is retiring on his own terms and still well enough to enjoy his time after the game. We've been very blessed here in LA to have the best of the best as local broadcasters but all things come to an end. Thanks for all you've done, Bob!