• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nice day of fishing

hojadepuro

eschew obfuscation
Hey guys I thought I would get around to posting some pics of myself, BJ (Bond), and Colin (indieangler) doing a little fly fishing. We headed out during the white bass run, and thought we would give catching some hybrids and stripers a try. They were spawning and running up the White River here in Arkansas, and reports were that only an idiot couldn't load up on them! :laugh: I think we are all using about 5 weight rods and reals. These guys could put up a fight!

We started out the day doing very well. I got some new wading boots, and the soles were a little slick. I fell right in, but managed to not completely fill my waders up with water. :cool: After the initial "FISH ON!!!" we were fast and furious for the rest of the morning. It was without a doubt the most fish I have ever caught fly fishing. We probably landed 60-75 fish in a couple hours. Here are a couple pics.

skitrip241.jpg

myself and indieangler getting a double

skitrip236.jpg

Bond and I getting a double

skitrip198.jpg

me

skitrip246.jpg

hey get out of my spot! :sign:

Brandon

Nice work, we killed it that morning. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of triple hook-ups but nothing was as priceless as you falling in on the way out and trying to dry yourself out using the nearest gas station's bathroom automatic hand dryer.

What are you smoking in that picture from the other trip BJ didn't come on?

That is a great way to spend the day. I am not sure where PetTheFish is when we need his commentary but those white bass can be a good bit of fun. I would say a 5 weight set up is the right way to go. I have a 3 weight with a 7 foot rod that is great for tight streams but a decent sized bluegill feels like a marlin on there.

Great work on the stream. You have some great rivers out there. :thumbs:

Looks like a lot of fun! I've been to Gaston's on the White River but it's been years!