• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicklas Lidstrom retires

The Black Cloud

First off, why is a Kings fan starting this thread?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-star-nicklas-lidstrom-retires-150749445--nhl.html;_ylt=ApRNVuFoYooT26VZYThB0dh7vLYF

Secondly, I have a great deal of respect for Lidstrom even if he did play for the *shudder*, Wings. From all that I heard he's a true gentleman and class act. Played the game the right way. Didn't overpower you but definietly outsmarted you.

The game watches another great player hang up the skates.

Going forward, what's the opinion of you Wings fans? You obviously will never replace Lidstrom but someone needs to fill the role. Go all in for Suter? Kings have some d-men waiting in the wings, but nothing more than prospects and 3rd pairing guys.

And who takes the captain's C?

Not a Wings fan but I also have a HUGE amount of respect for Lidstrom. Easily one of the top three D to ever play the game. Beautiful skater and as BC points out, smart.

You have to think the Wings are front runners for either Weber or Suter just to fill the Lidstrom void. Perhaps they go really big and get both (Yikes!)? As for the C? My bet would be that Zetterberg gets the nod.

I have no idea who will replace him. Truly a great player, he will be missed. I believe they already announced zetterberg will be the captain.

On a side note I now know where the "hockey masks" came from, thanks to your post tbc.