• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No Smoking At Davidoff Madison Ave

jorel

I stopped in to Davidoff at Madison Ave in NYC today to 1) check out the new Davidoff Puro D'Oro and 2) beat the tobacco tax increase going in effect soon.

Sign on the door said "no smoking due to dispute with building management." Come on already! Can't smoke in one of the world's most famous B&Ms??? Everyone shrugged when I asked when that would be settled.

So I got my new Davidoffs, (Magificos size) and 2009 Zino LE (pricey but loved it before) and *bam* - they had Opus X Belis's for $14 bucks. Unreal to see them in NYC for that cheap. (so what the heck got a few)

So I guess my porch tonight will be my smoke break.

John

Sad to hear about yet another submission to the collectivists. I was just noting how similar all the college students were. All wear the same clothes. same ear bud, same ipod, same mannerisms, etc. Whatever happened to good old American individuality and the rights thereof? Now we all have the right to conform and that's about it!

Well John...that blows...but at the very least you got a phenomenal deal on some Opus X. $14 is unheard of in Manhattan.

Well John...that blows...but at the very least you got a phenomenal deal on some Opus X. $14 is unheard of in Manhattan.
Yes, that's pretty incredible! Darn, it's too bad I couldn't pick some up before the tax went into effect today.

Pretty ridiculous about not being able to smoke there. I usually hit the Davidoff store in Columbus Circle, but was looking forward to a smoke in their midtown lounge later this summer. Bummer. I hope they settle this issue soon.

The cigar tax hike goes up August 1 (cigarettes today). so - still time!

The cigar tax hike goes up August 1 (cigarettes today). so - still time!
Whoops! I thought the tax hike on July 1st applied to all tobacco. Good to know. Thanks! Guess I'll be picking up some Opus after all. :)

How many opies Did they have left ,and did yopu notice any PL? That shop is right by my gym, I might just have to stop in I was always afraid the prices were too outrageous .

Go for it my friend. They have their usual awesome selection - and yet highest prices on their own label.

I only bought three yesterday - and they had over 3/4 of box left. Didn't see any Petite Lanceros (although they had a ton of Don Carlos Annierxario's at 30 a pop).

John

John, Those new Davi's are awesome. I'm a deliciosos man myself. You should've just run up to The Owl...all the Davidoff you could imagine and you can smoke til you puke :D

Gonna have to stop by today to see if I can't get my hands on some of those Don Carlos Annversarios...

It's been quite a long time since I've contributed to the board, but always enjoy following along. Believe me we are as frustrated as you regarding our temporary "no smoking" situation at the Madison Ave store. While legally we have the right to do so, we're unfortunately in a bit of "difference of opinion" (to be polite) with the landlord regarding whether the smoke odors are being detected on the 2nd floor of the building. As respectful cigar enthusiasts, we've decided to take the high road and deal with this politely... and legally, rather than just firing up. So, please bear with us through this period. As for our pricing, just to be clear- we charge exactly what the MSRP is on every cigar we sell plus tobacco tax and sales tax. Our pricing on Davidoff specifically should be identical to any other shop in New York State. As for Opus, that's the retail value of those smokes. It's unfortunate that some stores mark them up so absurdly.

FINALLY- Columbus Circle is still open, and still rocking and rolling with smoking in our lounge so please stop by and enjoy a cigar with us there.

I hope to be more active, but again- thanks for your support and understanding; and know that we are working non-stop to get this resolved.

Sincerely,
Michael Herklots
General Manager
Davidoff of Geneva
New York Stores
www.twitter.com/michaelherklots

It's been quite a long time since I've contributed to the board, but always enjoy following along. Believe me we are as frustrated as you regarding our temporary "no smoking" situation at the Madison Ave store. While legally we have the right to do so, we're unfortunately in a bit of "difference of opinion" (to be polite) with the landlord regarding whether the smoke odors are being detected on the 2nd floor of the building. As respectful cigar enthusiasts, we've decided to take the high road and deal with this politely... and legally, rather than just firing up. So, please bear with us through this period. As for our pricing, just to be clear- we charge exactly what the MSRP is on every cigar we sell plus tobacco tax and sales tax. Our pricing on Davidoff specifically should be identical to any other shop in New York State. As for Opus, that's the retail value of those smokes. It's unfortunate that some stores mark them up so absurdly.

FINALLY- Columbus Circle is still open, and still rocking and rolling with smoking in our lounge so please stop by and enjoy a cigar with us there.

I hope to be more active, but again- thanks for your support and understanding; and know that we are working non-stop to get this resolved.

Sincerely,
Michael Herklots
General Manager
Davidoff of Geneva
New York Stores
www.twitter.com/michaelherklots

Thanks for the update!