• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NON-LARS TOPIC

EdGar

SUPERIOR MEMBER
I personally have heard enough about Lars and his great cigars, now, you guys who smoke Lars, do you all smoke anything that is not sweetened, flavored, or perfumed? If so what is it?

I don't smoke anything sweetened, flavored, or perfumed that's not what a Lars cigar is, but I wont get into that in this thread. I smoke lots of vintage ISOM gars, VSG's are always tastey,tony bahni (the high end ones) I don't remember there names, domestic el rey del mundo's, macanudo's XX from 88,92 and 94, la gloria's from the early 80's, back when earnesto was on the top of his game, pre embargo Davidoff's all sorts of stuff to smoke out there

Correct me if I am wrong here, but when you call a thread a Non-Lars Topic, why would you put the name of the aforementioned cigar as the 7th word of your own post?

This post has been edited by me to remove items which I am ashamed of. I still think we all let the issue get way out of hand, and I take part of that blame too.

you guys are the best :love:

Remember, any post referring to this post being horrible, they are correct, it was. And that is why I took it out.

:angry: Holy ****.....why, PB, was that even necessary? ???

Because I am rethinking even remaining in a "society" where it is somehow OK to tell people to stop talking about their favorite cigar, when the purpose of the comunity is for people to talk about their favorite cigar. I am sorry if anybody has a problem with that opinion, but there it is. Some people have somehow managed to aquire the idea that if they don't like a cigar, they should try to stop someone else from talking about it. It has gotten very very old.

Look around the board, you will have to agree that there is a large amount of Lars Fan Bashing going on.

Again I am sorry that I may ALSO have an unpopular oppinion, but it IS mine none the less.

The incense-like bouquet is achieved through a "secret recipe and process" . LMFAO :p

All in fun...... :D

"Secret Recipe"???? Are we talkin cigars or fried chicken...better ask the Colonel...I mean Lars...aaaaahhh...I don't know what I mean. :p LOL

LARS TETENS Evolving
From the alleged use of pre-embargo Cuban tobacco in the blends, to the unique sizes, high prices, and incense-like bouquet (achieved through a "secret recipe and process"), Lars Tetens cigars have caused quite a stir on the cigar scene. The reality is that Lars Tetens makes perhaps the most one-of-a-kind cigar you will find, and while these cigars have legions of fans, their unconventional character has thrown many cigar traditionalists into a tizzy, as evidenced by our panelists' mixed comments. Additionally, the unique shape and aroma of these cigars enabled several panelists to guess its identity right away Definitely a cigar that you need to sample for yourself to make up your own mind.

Review by SMOKE...the only one I think they've ever done...and I don't think CA has ever done one?

Anyway...Puro CP is probably about 99% traditionalists...as are other sites...this is not an uncommon opinion...but no one really means any harm, it has just got out of hand.

You could leave us...but chances are no matter where you go...same general opinion. ???

But it was when they met and befriended cigar guru Lars Tetens a few years ago that Aerosmith’s “habit” got serious. Tetens, of course, is the scion of a long-time tobacco family, who also designs and sells offbeat skateboards, runs a small record label, and leads a rock band.

-Smoke Magazine Summer 2001, where his cigars were featured on the cover of the magazine

now that’s not me

that’s smoke mag calling Lars a cigar guru

PB if you leave I'll probably leave too

I love reading your posts

I am sorry Beast, but you have missunderstood my feelings. It is not the Oppinion that I am trying to escape. It is the "Out of Hand" part that bothers me. I hope that Rod can stop the out of hand part. But since he too can't stand seeing the name Lars and has made that quite clear. I seriously doubt that he can.

i agree with you puro, though i'm afraid my opinion will not be taken seriously by the "99%" of the traditionalists here, based solely on the fact that i am a lars smoker. lars cigars are cigars. there's no way around it. you can't say that just because it smells kinda funny and that it's different that it's not a cigar. that's too vague of a statement, like saying this item is painted red, instead of blue, and it's shaped kind of funny, so it can't be a car, although it has 4 tires, a few doors, and engine, and all of the rest of the essential parts that a car would have. lars cigars are made with tobacco, and rolled, i mean, what else would define a cigar? the construcion on these babies is as good, if not better than most of the cigars out there. and the draw is impecable. the appropriate thing to do, instead of kissing the admin's ass by agreeing with what ever the admin says, is to just stay out of the discussion if it involves a cigar that you don't like. don't bash brands. don't bash members, since this is such a peaceful family. and edgar, your "non lars" post, has done either one of two things, as i sit here, pondering, speculating, conspiracy theorizing; you got what you wanted, whether subconsciously or consciously, which was to talk about lars gars, or, you got exactly what you didn't want; a discussion on lars, and recent current events surrounding the cigar. i preffer the former to the latter. i think deep down inside, you're really longing to smoke lars, or maybe you have smoked lars already, but for fear of rejection and humiliation, you refrain from starting the habit, or continuing, if not in a locked basement with an air purification system, huddled in the corner, cowering over you're favorite lars cigar, dreaming of a day in which you can overcome your fears and anxiety, and if the world and the smaller community of cp have relaxed their traditionalist grip on the members, to come out and enjoy your hobby, in the open without persecution. good luck!

Well there's a comfortable balance in disagreement, so I just don't see a problem myself. I continue to post on Lars labled threads because the entertainment value is priceless. I'm assuming I haven't really ever offended Henry, wileguile, ragingbull, gargirl, or any other pro-Lars smoker...as I normally note sarcasim to some extent. I don't go after individuals...I go after the topic...usually anyways, if not always. I look at situations for what they are, and if you think this group is going to warm up to Lars Tetens Cigars............................. :D

the entertainment value is priceless and you don't offend me

Rod already deleted 2 of my topics

one was just a joke in the lobby section

If we all though the same way there would be no point in posting here, it would be way too boring.

Umm, Henry?  I believe your topic was deleted for profanity.  This is a "Family" board, remember?

Dave(ANSWER MY QUESTION!)WF

Puro - You should really rethink your post. The talk about how wealthy the owner of Lar's is got very old. Many members felt this way. Did I say to stop all talking about Lar's? No. The utility smokes thread was about all cigars, including lars. However, it stuck on lars by the very same members, and got old. I tried to bring the thread back on track. Any Puro, you think no one would care if you left? Wow, I guess you didn't read that thread about you leaving.

Henry - You need to read rules. You made an obscene post. The other was an attack on me.

What has happened here? Have i missed something? I came here because I saw that this was an open forum for cigar discussion...no matter whether a swisher 1st timer to the select society to have experienced the Trinidad. Now I too am re-thinking my membership. Did I just teleport back to Nazi Germany or have I become crack smoker without my knowing?