• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now that the game is out of the way....

I was disappointed in the commercials. No Clydesdales, except in the Tide commercial.

The Viking commercial was probably the best of the lot. Did like Anthony Hopkins, doing his Hannibal Lecture persona.

I liked the Danny DeVito commercial, but that was the only one that got a laugh out of me.

Doc

You two didn't like the Dirty Dancing remake? Come on :)

Pretty disappointing overall. I miss the days of Jordan and Bird...nothing but net. Or the battles of coke/pepsi and the Bud bowl!! It seems now they just try to get a tear out of you rather than a laugh. :(

I thought, in general, there was too much touchy-feely for the Super Bowl. I laughed at Dirty Dancing and the Vikings. Favorite was the Doritos commercial with the Peter Dinklage.

What ever happened to Baby-Puppy-Monkey?

I thought, in general, there was too much touchy-feely for the Super Bowl.

I agree. There were a couple commercials that seemed very disingenuous. The second Ram commercial especially.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
The fun was sucked dry out of the commercials this year. It turned into a contest of who could 'out-inclusive' and 'out-diversity' one another. So much so, we were all on guard as to what we were supposed to feel when the next commercial came on and unfolded....which spoiled the legitimately funny commercials. We had to rewind a few of them once we realized they were meant to be funny and it was OK to laugh.

Kind of like the opening night of the Olympics...an emotional roller coaster of happy/sad...happy/sad...happy/sad...it gets exhausting after a while. To the point you lose interest by being mentally jerked around so often. Once again it was an 'inclusive/diversity-fest'....like we all need a lesson on these two topics every 15-30 seconds. Hello!...we come from America...you know, The Melting Pot of the World.

I thought all these events was supposed to be entertaining and light hearted? We've lost our sense of humor as a society....

I'll get off now...

aecb-soapbox-1-267x200.jpg

I just chalked up the lack of super bowl ads humor or punch to crappy marketing. As for the opening cerimonies, personally I liked the themes/images, but blame the crappiness solely on the Katie Couric/Mikec Tirico combo.