• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NY / NJ Area BOTL's: Seanholio's coming

Seanholio

Don Quixote
Hey guys,

The company is shipping me out there for a Disaster Recovery Exercise, and I might be able to land a day or two early to enjoy some sights and meet up with friends to HERF. I know I'm announcing this way in advance, but I'd like to see who is interested and when, so I can possibly book my travel early enough to make it happen.

I'm supposed to be in Sterling Forest, which is not far from where 87 crosses the NY/NJ border, but if I get in a day or two early, I might be able to stay elsewhere for a night so I can meet up with friends. Who's interested?

Schlesinger's in New Windsor, NY might be in the cards.
There is a regular meeting of BOTL Thursdays there.

Or you can come into Manhattan...

Either way I am interested.

-Rob

Did Rob mention a New Windsor herf, will it be on the weekend? If so I am there!!!

Did Rob mention a New Windsor herf, will it be on the weekend? If so I am there!!!

I still have to find out what the hours are for the DRE. Once I do, I can nail down a time/place for the herf.

As Rob stated, we meet every Thursday evening at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars:

http://www.hudsonvalleycigars.com/

We aslo meet up on weekends and ther days of the week as well when S / BOTL show up and we want to entertain them (Herf) :D . Sterling Forest is a straight shot on Rt. 32 to New Windsor about 30 minute ride so you can make it rather easy. Here is a MapQuest to give you an idea of the road distance:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Sterling+F...Rd&2z=12553

Keep us updated and we'll see what we can do to get the crew together for an early Thanksgiving Herf........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

As Rob stated, we meet every Thursday evening at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars:

http://www.hudsonvalleycigars.com/

We aslo meet up on weekends and ther days of the week as well when S / BOTL show up and we want to entertain them (Herf) :D . Sterling Forest is a straight shot on Rt. 32 to New Windsor about 30 minute ride so you can make it rather easy. Here is a MapQuest to give you an idea of the road distance:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Sterling+F...Rd&2z=12553

Keep us updated and we'll see what we can do to get the crew together for an early Thanksgiving Herf........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Now that looks great! I'll update as I get more information. I'm looking forward to meeting some of my eastern brethren.

Best cigar bar on the East Coast, everything under one roof, walk in humidor, full bar and lounge and great steak house!!! Not to mention a wonderful host and hostess and the friendly clientele.

It seems that since I'm the FNG, I get the night shift. I'll be working 7pm to 7am. They are hoping that after a few days, we can drop off to an on-call type of schedule, which would be nice.

If I'm able, I'll try to join your Thursday night herf. If not, I'll be dropping by Uptown at some point during my non-working hours.

I HOPE the schedule goes to on-call quickly. If so, I'll get to see a lot of you. If not, perhaps next time.

-- Sean

I would be interested in a meet at Schlessingers. I'm new here but I have been there before and had a great experience chatting and smoking with the regulars. It would be great to meet some more people from my area.

~Eric

Damn, a little too far for me to boot out there to herf! Sean's a great guy, smoke one for me while you're there.

You East coast guys are lucky to get Sean. Top notch BOTL right there.

Have a great, safe trip Brother.

I definitely plan to get my butt into the city, I just need to figure out when. It's been a zoo over here. I'm working from 7pm-7am, and then sleep until about 1, and then try to piece my brain back together before starting all over. I'm hoping that my lead tells me that we're on-call tonight, so I have more flexibility in my schedule.

** Edit to add ** My boss just said that we're not going on-call tonight, but maybe Friday and Saturday nights, which would be nice. I hope to meet up with a bunch of you at some point. At a minimum, I'll make it out to Uptown to say hi to Israel. :)

I should have built in a couple of extra days on the end of the trip so I could do a few things on my own.

I definitely plan to get my butt into the city, I just need to figure out when. It's been a zoo over here. I'm working from 7pm-7am, and then sleep until about 1, and then try to piece my brain back together before starting all over. I'm hoping that my lead tells me that we're on-call tonight, so I have more flexibility in my schedule.

** Edit to add ** My boss just said that we're not going on-call tonight, but maybe Friday and Saturday nights, which would be nice. I hope to meet up with a bunch of you at some point. At a minimum, I'll make it out to Uptown to say hi to Israel. :)

I should have built in a couple of extra days on the end of the trip so I could do a few things on my own.

Where are you staying?

Where are you staying?

I'm staying in Mahwah, working in Sterling Forest at the IBM Business Continuity Services Center, a short distance from here.

Sean, if you get off tomorrow (Saturday) and you want to head up to see Israel, let me know as you'll go past Cornwall (where I live) and we can meet up and head up there together. We can make a short stop at Schlesinger's as well to show you our hang out / B&M / cigar bar....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Sean, if you get off tomorrow (Saturday) and you want to head up to see Israel, let me know as you'll go past Cornwall (where I live) and we can meet up and head up there together. We can make a short stop at Schlesinger's as well to show you our hang out / B&M / cigar bar....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I will definitely have the time off on Saturday, since my shift ends at 7am. With a few hours' sleep, I'll be good enough to go. I've got your contact information, so I'll give you a ring.