• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oban 14 yr old

PaulMac

Well, even though MiamiCubano kinda stole my thunder by doin the 32, I promised this scotch was next, and that would be Oban, which has my family name and family crest on the bottle :)

Oban 14 Yr old, 43% ABV, 750 ml, runs for about $40-45

The color is a nice gold, and the nose is like standing on the shore, with some touches of peat and maltiness on the back end. Medium bodied and nice and smooth, the palate is light at first, slowly blossoming into a dry smoky peatiness that I love, because it is subdued, and does not take over the flavor. The finish is nice, with more hints of the briny sea saltiness blending with the fading peat.

I seem to always have a bottle of this in inventory, and not just cause it has my name plastered on it...this has always been one of my favorite scotches, and while sometimes I turn away for some new malts, I always return to my old friend :)

Slainte!

PaulMac

Double Oban reviews, makes me want to toss my version into the mix but alas, my next review is something else just as good :D

Great review Mac...sorry if I in any way detracted from your review - I didn't realize you were bringing Oban 14 up to bat next... ;)