• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old Habits. Still 'Saving' Cigars

gtadroptop

You can't make this stuff up
The weather was beautiful last night, so I decided to grab a good cigar and sit outside. I sifted through the humidor putting this and that cigar aside because they were too good to waste on a simple evening. Then it hit me. I'm still doing it. Still saving those ‘special’ cigars for those ‘special’ days that may never come. I vowed not to do that after Infinity passed, but old habits die hard.

Time to renew that vow.

Good question. I made the intial post as a type of self-motivational incentive to stick to my guns.

I'm leaning toward an Opus. There's a few in the humidor from 2009.

Good for you John. And I'm in the same boat. I've tried to not have any special occasion smokes, but I still find I have a couple left. But I am trying.

For God's sake , how does it happen? You reach in, you say, "I don't think I'll smoke the opus tonight" 'till there aren't any more nights and you never got to smoke your best cigars. I need to stop this habit too. I think there must be a little hoarder in all of us.

Oh, man... I was just having this conversation this morning with a friend. I said "screw saving the cigars for those special occasions because if I pass on someone else is going to smoke them." Heck, life is too short and you can always buy more or try to anyways. Smoke'm if you gotte'm.

I somehow ended up with a whole coolidor full of "saving cigars". Some of them have been in there for 7+ years and I couldn't tell you what is in the bottom. Anytime I get to smoke a cigar is a special time as I'm normally enjoying an evening with my wife, out fishing, or just being zen in while gardening. I think it's time to start grabbing from that stash for a bit.

Wow, I just had this convo with my fiancée last night. She suggested a cigar and I passed it up as a special occasion cigar. Her response was "It's made to be smoked, and you can get more," followed by "we've spent more on less...smoke it!"

I didn't, but believe I will when I get home.

10:30 pm est and I'm lighting a "special occasion" cigar. Glad this subject came up.

I just smoked an Illusione 88 i have been sitting on. Thanks for the awareness. You might not ever get the chance to smoke that special stick.

Good thread, and great points. I'm pulling one "i'd been saving" out and putting fire to the foot. Now.

Gosspeed, Infinity....you were a good man, and your wisdom is as solid today as it was years ago. Miss you, brother....

I just smoked an Illusione 88 i have been sitting on. Thanks for the awareness. You might not ever get the chance to smoke that special stick.

Come down to the Springs, I have tons of Illusiones waiting for you to torch.

I don't save cigars, they are burnt as they call my name. I learned a long time ago, time waits for no man/woman. The only time I can't smoke a certain cigar if I'm going to play golf. No use burning a premium cigar and ignoring it most of the time.

Everything in the humidor is fair game once it gets open. Hmmm I got a few as soon as it gets a little warmer they will be burnt to the cigar gods. Nothing like paying tribute to the tobacco gods.

Wow, I just had this convo with my fiancée last night. She suggested a cigar and I passed it up as a special occasion cigar. Her response was "It's made to be smoked, and you can get more," followed by "we've spent more on less...smoke it!"

I didn't, but believe I will when I get home.
that's a good fiancé!

What Anthony said. But I have a caveat... Saving rare and special sticks for my 50th year on this planet and will smoke nothing but during the said 12 months. That'll be next year, I hope I make it! :)

(null)

What Anthony said. But I have a caveat... Saving rare and special sticks for my 50th year on this planet and will smoke nothing but during the said 12 months. That'll be next year, I hope I make it! :)

(null)

Yes Joe, you'll make the club and then some!

For me, 60 in October...........borrowed time :laugh: . Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

(null)

Yes Joe, you'll make the club and then some!

Right on Anthony! Aren't you Gonna host a herf for me ;). Seriously, it'll be nice to burn a few with you and the NY crew. It's been quite a while!