• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva S

Nimrod

Time to rethink my everything
Oliva S
Toro 5 x 50
gallery_4231_890_83148.jpg

From their website
Wrapper - Ecuador
Binder, Filler - Nicaragua.
Oliva says this cigar is "Velvety, creamy,spicy...mild to medium in strength".

rating - 89 Oliva Special S Churchill - Cigar Insider
rating - 5 stars Oliva Speical S Diadema 7 x 48 European Cigar Cult Journal

I think this is the first Oliva S review on this board. Whoo-hoo :thumbs:

First Oliva 'S' I had was the Diadema. I found it lacking flavor, mild to medium.
Second 'S' was the Toro and it was strong, start to finish. If it did not have the band 'S' on it, I would think it was the 'V'.
Third 'S', toro, was medium at first then the final third kicked in.

A friend of mine who has been smoking cigars for years, said this cigar is a strong one and best on a full stomach after eating something sweet.

What I find is these cigars are inconsistent when it comes to strength. The burn and construction are fine.
And as for the taste, I find these cigars more strength than flavorful. This cigar has been a puzzle to me because I can't seem to grasp what the cigar should be.

I'll stick to the V, and maduro 'O'. Oliva makes some fine cigars imo, but this one does not do it for me.

gallery_4231_890_125811.jpg

Peter, I smoked about 20 of these, and I think I finally figured out what the blend was supposed to taste like.

Unfortunately, I'd say about 10 were fairly consistent, with a nice balance of light to medium flavors. The other 10 were all over the place. In my experience, Olivas are consistently inconsistent. I.e., one box will be delicious, and the next all off but the same. Next box, back to the delicious I enjoyed so much, and then again, another "bad" box, that tasted like the previous "bad" box. I basically just gave up.

I smoked most of a box of Diademas' first release and enjoyed them. They also were somewhat inconsistant but not so much that it was a problem. I've had a few since that were lacking flavor, IMO. New wrapper leaf?

I have an Olivia O sitting in the tupperdor right now I haven't tackled yet. I'll keep this review in mind when it touches the flame. Thanks

Best Oliva I have had by far is the "O" Maduro. What a great smoke. ordered some more last night as a matter of fact :thumbs:

I agree about relative inconsistency of Oliva smokes. Whether it's the V, the G, or the O (have not tried an S yet) I've had great ones and I've had duds, many times out of the same box.