• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One special beer, what would it be?

denverdog

Not now chief, I’m in the F**kin zone.
Well gents, this weekend I say so long to my 20's and hello to my 30's. About a week ago I started rooting through the cellar trying to decide what "coveted" beer I would drink to celebrate. So, here's the question... If you could drink any beer to celebrate one of life's great events, what would it be? I thought it would be interesting to hear the different takes on this.

Mine: 1st Release Cuvee De Castleton. This beer was my introduction to sours, thank you Rob! I remember thinking it was crazy when I first had it and not really liking it and then the next thing I know I can't get enough sour ale in my life! :laugh:

I'll go with something sour probably too next year. Maybe one of my homebrew ones will be ready by then, but if not I'll probably go with a Cantillon Fou Foune that I have that has been in the cellar for several years.

Honestly, as long as it's decent I don't care much. What matters to me is how many of my buddies are there to share the celebration.

Eh, what the hay, Stone RIS.

I like to celebrate with a Sammy Smith Tadcaster, I've had great luck with those.

Miller High Life of course. It's your thirtieth birthday. No sense going broke gettin' hammered.

Doc.

Miller High Life of course. It's your thirtieth birthday. No sense going broke gettin' hammered.

Doc.

I second Doc here, but if I had to choose... I think a few La Terribles would do it for me. Yum Yum!! Oh or some Arrogant Bastard Ales!

Celebrator. Just because of the name. Actually I'd likely go with KBS or Dark Lord because they are sooo good. As for not going broke getting drunk that is why you enjoy one good beer then drink everclear slightly watered down with Kool-Aid.

Our local watering hole gets a keg of The Abyss when it comes out.

Our motto is "...every day, until it's gone...."......:laugh:

I like Delirium Nocturnum and Chimay Grande Reserve a LOT. I'm more of a Scotch, bourbon and rum guy, and generally just throw half a rack of Shiner in the fridge when beer is called for, but when I want a really special beer, it's always one of those two.

~Boar

Let your neighbor bring you a Bud Light Lime.

HA, you don't forget anything! Unfortunately he moved so no BLL for me! :(

Deschutes Brewery - The Abyss.

On draft it's a little slice of heaven.....just awesome.

I agree, Abyss is freakin awesome. This is actually a good excuse to open an original release. I can't wait to try the 2009 release, all of their Reserve Series beers have been amazing. :thumbs:

A growler of Masala Mama. Gotta keep it local.

You guys with your beer in the basement... :rolleyes: :)

I say get yourself a 30yr Old Thomas Hardy Ale...for the 30 year old :whistling: :thumbs:

I had KBS for the UM/FSU game and another one that think was Breakfast Cereal (got a little baby on the label) that impressed me more than the '09 Dark Lord that I had a few weeks back. Tomorrow I'll be trying out Dark Horizon (17.5%) from Denmark for the UM/GTech game. The KBS is Top Gun though. John

I had KBS for the UM/FSU game and another one that think was Breakfast Cereal (got a little baby on the label) that impressed me more than the '09 Dark Lord that I had a few weeks back. Tomorrow I'll be trying out Dark Horizon (17.5%) from Denmark for the UM/GTech game. The KBS is Top Gun though. John
I agree I love KBS but I like Breakfast Stout much more.