• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opening and Dissecting Fake box of Siglo VI

Smokemorestressless

Hi folks. I was posting in the thread about good dates/ codes for certain cigars, and it was pointed out I got a fake box of Siglo VI. Some members and I have been talking, and a couple people have asked for pictures of a dissection. This post is just pics of the box, opening it, and the cigars. Will dissect one and put up pictures of that asap.

Please feel free to point out the details that give these away as fake, and a picture of what a real one looks like as reference if you have a picture. This could be a great learning opportunity.

So far the fake indicators are:

Box serial # comes up as Montecristo #2 on the habanos check website.

On the bands, the gold head has no white outline.

20220306_155824.jpg20220306_155805.jpg20220306_155817.jpg20220306_155837.jpg20220306_160037.jpg20220306_160048.jpg20220306_160104.jpg20220306_160310.jpg20220306_160129.jpg20220306_160239.jpg

Wish you hadn't got burned, always sucks and a good reminder that if you aren't 100% sure of your source, don't trade or use your smokes in passes please (I mean everyone, not pointing out @Smokemorestressless, you're far from the first or last).

There are a lot of similar threads in the archives too if you're interested.

Will be following closely, always hope to learn something from the old pros.

Wish you hadn't got burned, always sucks and a good reminder that if you aren't 100% sure of your source, don't trade or use your smokes in passes please (I mean everyone, not pointing out @Smokemorestressless, you're far from the first or last).

There are a lot of similar threads in the archives too if you're interested.

Will be following closely, always hope to learn something from the old pros.
Hi smellysell. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I would never trade or pass along a cigar that I wasn't 100% sure was real. The only Cubans that I have that I am 100% sure are real I bought myself when I was in Cuba in March 2019, and bought at a Casa de Habanos, after a factory tour. This was all done legally at that time. I didn't get very many as I was new to cigars at that time. After I smoked some of them, the process of Cigars really became enjoyable, and I wished I had bought more while I was there.

A friend went in September 2019 and I asked him to get me a box from a Casa de Habanos. I assumed he bought them at one of the real stores. After I posted a picture of the box here and it was suggested it is fake, I contacted my friend to make sure he bought it at a government store. Amd here we are now... lol.

I will check out the archives now.

Those don't look terrible and hopefully the dissection will prove that they are at least smokable.

Look for the triple cap and spend some time looking very carefully at the logo, fakes usually don't take the time to get it perfect, although I've seen some that are damn good.

I spy, with my little eye:
  1. Wrong white dot configuration.
  2. Different outline of the head on the yellow band, yours have a pigtial.
  3. White outline around head on band, yours doesn't have it.
  4. The head on the band on yours is smaller.
  5. The "B" in Cohiba on yours, the lobes are filled in.
  6. The cigars themselves, yours, are not uniform in shape.

1646747280046.png

I would like to say that you are taking this well. Many would (and have) become indignant and abrasive or, at best, simply ghost the place once informed they got hosed.
That doesn't make any sense. Lol. I have found reality is what it is. Why waste energy being delusional? The more I listen, the more I learn.

Sometimes things are a blessing in disguise. Looking to check if the date/ code I had was a good box turned into finding out they were fake, turned into finding the amazing side of this place. I learn every time I read a post or review, and you guys seem like a great family. Blessing in disguise.

That doesn't make any sense. Lol. I have found reality is what it is. Why waste energy being delusional? The more I listen, the more I learn.

Sometimes things are a blessing in disguise. Looking to check if the date/ code I had was a good box turned into finding out they were fake, turned into finding the amazing side of this place. I learn every time I read a post or review, and you guys seem like a great family. Blessing in disguise.
You sir need to come visit the Vherf. Your delusion of us being proper upstanding citizens will change immediately!!! Kidding aside every Wednesday and Saturday night we do a virtual herf. Pop on and say hello. Bring a stick, chat if you want, or just listen to us spend each others money. Link at the top of the page where it says "Virtual Lounge"

I spy, with my little eye:
  1. Wrong white dot configuration.
  2. Different outline of the head on the yellow band, yours have a pigtial.
  3. White outline around head on band, yours doesn't have it.
  4. The head on the band on yours is smaller.
  5. The "B" in Cohiba on yours, the lobes are filled in.
  6. The cigars themselves, yours, are not uniform in shape.

View attachment 52955
Thanks for the details, soooooo..... are you sure the Taino Indiand didn't wear pigtails? Lol. those look like some mighty fine cigars there. .

You sir need to come visit the Vherf. Your delusion of us being proper upstanding citizens will change immediately!!! Kidding aside every Wednesday and Saturday night we do a virtual herf. Pop on and say hello. Bring a stick, chat if you want, or just listen to us spend each others money. Link at the top of the page where it says "Virtual Lounge"
Thanks for the info on the Vherf, will absolutely join in as work schelude allows. I have odd days/ hours.

By great family I didn't mean to imply proper or upstanding. I'll be sure to be more clear next time. I assumed like most families it's fun, and functionally disfunctional. ;)

Someone spent some money doing the holographic image of that Lady. That in itself costs some dough.