• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opinion?

Miami Matt

Hey all,
Could somebody more knowledgeable than I please pass an opinion on these for me? From a reputable guy but there are a couple features that I am not so sure about on them...
Thanks!

image.jpg

Need more info. Year? Box code if possible? Size of each? Pictures of the tops to see if all are triple capped, pics of the backs of the bands, etc.

At first glance I don't like them. The cut on the squares for the labels shouldn't normally leave open white boxes. The label style changed recently so the age of the cigars might be a dead giveaway (if you were told they were brand new just out of Cuba, that is).

Only way to know is to smoke em.

Three Lanceros, one Esplendido and two Siglo III's from 2008. The cut of the squares at the top and the overall look of the wrappers were my concerns but I do not have much experience with Cohibas. I guess I will pass on them. Thanks for your comments!

I'm with Brian. I'm no Cuban expert by any means but the bands are very suspect right from the get go.

From initial glance, the lanceros bands do look suspect, with the cutoff of the extra row of squares at the top... Fakes are a multi million dollar business, and real bands are prevalent... So... this is strange... If you smoke a lot of cuban cigars, you can smell, feel and smoke them and have no doubt whether they are real or not. Can this person tell you where he bought them? Picture of the box? etc... If it were me, and it was just a few samples, I would smoke them and if they were amazing (as any 04 Cohiba should be) great! if they suck, don't deal with this guy again....

From my understanding, most 08 Cohiba are something very very nice. The lancero bands look suspect, the rest who knows. Smoke them and you'll know.

Here is a closeup of a Siglo VI from 08... I checked a few from the same year, they all looked exactly like this one...

cohiba%20band_zpsq17r4dmz.png

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! I'm just going to pass on them though...

Your photo does not show the hologram ( if present ). No holo mean no Bueno.

You are right Michael, think the holo was added because they were really getting ripped off. I've been associated with various printers, hologram printing if really expensive, very special equipment required. Thanks for keeping me honest.

The spacing in the label font is too wide. The lancero in particular.