• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus and Anejo Super Bowl pool THE NUMBERS ARE IN!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Since @cohibasurfer posted the dinosaur thread, and @smellysell challenged me, I am looking into doing this. I would try to do it "exactly" the way it was done in 2010 when I won the half-time prize of 50 Opus and Anejo. See link below.

A couple thoughts/concerns
  1. Interest level?
  2. With the cost and of reliability of USPS, is this still a solid idea? Entry fee is two cigars/grid box mailed to me.
  3. I would need someone to create an automated/interactive/realtime matrix so people could choose squares in real time?

2010 Opus and Anejo Super Bowl Pool

UPDATE:
  1. THE ENTRY FEE IS NOW ONE CIGAR
  2. EVERYONE WHO SIGNED UP PRIOR TO 1/9/2022 WILL GET TWICE THEIR ORIGINAL NUMBER OF SQUARES
  3. THOSE SIGNING UP PRIOR TO 1/9/2022 WILL GET TO PICK THEIR ORIGINAL NUMBER OF SQUARES (1/2 THEIR TOTAL SHOWN BELOW, AND THEN WE WILL GO BACK AROUND AND THEY CAN PICK THE SECOND SET.
  4. iF YOU WANT MORE SQUARES, LET ME KNOW AND i WILL ADD THEM TO YOUR TOTAL.

Here is a list of players and squares so far: 92 so far tell you friends!
Hold on to your entry fees until we get 75 squares spoken for.

Smellysell (6)
Cohibasurfer (5) Received
Texas Traveler (5) Received
Bfreebern (6) Received
CgarDan (4) Received
CigarStone (6) Received
Kann (4) Received
Brickhouse (4)
Nate 1977 (4) Received
Tone-ny (10) Received
Acclaym (20)
EmergenCigar (5) Received
Thinde (5) Received
Grateful1 (5) Received
SKYDIVNEKD (8) Received
Johnny B (3)

The payouts will be
1st Qtr = 12 cigars
Halftime = 25 cigars
3rd Qtr = 12 cigars
Final = 51 cigars
1644168198646.png

Last edited:
I'm in for a few spots. USPS seems to be getting everything there eventually, so I think it would be fine, we've got plenty of time still.

Looks like there might be sufficient interest.

Who knows how to do the realtime grid?

I'll be in if I can either send money for someone local to pick up, or have them delivered from the innerwebz directly to you, Jeff.

I am prepared to do this. I just need someone to create the real time grid for me. I will keep looking but between the sugar plums and and covid dancing in my head, I haven't had any luck yet.

I am prepared to do this. I just need someone to create the real time grid for me. I will keep looking but between the sugar plums and and covid dancing in my head, I haven't had any luck yet.
I might be able to help with this! My wife might be able to build something like this, she was working on building one for Tall Paul's CC squares pool, so I will ask her and see where she is at. Might need a little bit, but will let you know for sure.

I might be able to help with this! My wife might be able to build something like this, she was working on building one for Tall Paul's CC squares pool, so I will ask her and see where she is at. Might need a little bit, but will let you know for sure.
Thanks!

I am also looking at a couple on line sites but haven't anything idiot proof yet.

Maybe Opus/Anejo/Padron and Habano’s? Not sure if Paul @Tall Paul is wanting or has the time to run his squares this year.