• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X all that?

SmokerB

Banned
Hey guys,

Well Im new here and sorry if this is a repost but anyways....

I finally, after a few months, got my hands on an Opus X from a local cigar store and it has been put away to cook in my humidor for the time being, or until I find another to replace it. From my chats with other cigar smokers and shop owners the Opus is really just a rare beginners cigar and is "rare" only because Fuente creates a market for it. They produce a small amount each year and release them quarterly (dont quote me on that) and the market is soooo big thus creating the demand. BUT!

"ARE THEY REALLY ALL THAT"?

Thanks!

B

They are a great cigar although the price most people charge for them don't make it worth it. I would say they're a try for sure for any cigar lover.

Yeah, Id like to try it... I got a no.5 i believe for 12 which from what ive seen is not too steep as ive seen them for 35 dollars a stick...

Just smoke it and see. What are you waiting for?

I enjoy them, if they can be found for a good price. I wouldn't go out of my way for 'em, though.

John

I agree...try for yourself, as we can't taste for you.

A nicely aged Opus is a great change of pace for me.

JHolmes- You do have a good point... What am I waiting for??

Hmmm. I suppose Im just waiting for another, but Im going to find a nice night and check it out for myself... Its only a cigar right?

Ill let yall know what I think, well maybe tonight is a nice night!! haha

Thanks!

B

JHolmes- You do have a good point... What am I waiting for??

Hmmm. I suppose Im just waiting for another, but Im going to find a nice night and check it out for myself... Its only a cigar right?

Ill let yall know what I think, well maybe tonight is a nice night!! haha

Thanks!

B

So hypothetically, you have a cigar you don't want to smoke unitl you have a replacement for it but you don't know yet if you'll enjoy it. Say you go out and spend the $12-18 for a second one before smoking the first, then you smoke the first one and find it's a complete waste of your money. I'd light the Opus up as soon as the time is right for you.

That being said, I'm guilty of the same thing you're mentioning. I have a few ISOM's I have been sitting on, not wanting to smoke them for fear of not being able to get more at a reasonable price... and so on and so forth. I'm going to fire them up as soon as the weather is a little nicer, or I have a shelterd place so smoke. I don't think it'll matter how good a smoke is if I'm uncomfortable in -10 degree weather not enjoying the whole experience. CP has shown me the light! :)

I think BSneed has an excellent quote from an old friend about this type of thing...

Are you kidding, light the fugger up now to celebrate life. :cool:

Who are you keeping them for, your son? They will taste like shit in 15 to 25 years time.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian

Best advice ever.

I think BSneed has an excellent quote from an old friend about this type of thing...

Are you kidding, light the fugger up now to celebrate life. :cool:

Who are you keeping them for, your son? They will taste like shit in 15 to 25 years time.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian

Best advice ever.
I 2nd that , very well put :thumbs:

Smoke it as soon as possible. I was like you for a while. Wouldn't smoke the good stuff until I had more. So I wasted several months smoking crappy cigars, while I had great ones in my humidor. I now realize what a dumbass I was.

Smoke it now. More will surely come your way. Get an idea how fresh ones, and aged ones taste. I prefer them fresh.

I also like these in the no. 5 and the Petite Lancero. The wrapper really shines in those two vitolas.