• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Fuente Fuente

dav1041

Andy Sipowicz
Had my very first Opus X experience a few weeks ago, and reading Ginseng’s review brought it all back. I choose the Fuente Fuente for my first, which had been resting in my humi for about 6 months now, mostly because I was recently able to pick one up to replace the one I smoked :thumbs: . I have been reluctant to try one for a few reasons, but mostly because these things are so hard to come by, unless your name is Moki, and if I loved them I’d drive myself crazy trying to get more, I definitely don’t need that kind of stress now :laugh: . I have also read how these things knock your socks off and wasn’t sure if I was quite ready for that just yet.

I, unlike Wilkey, love Fuente products, right now Don Carlos Beli’s and Ashton VSG Enchantments seem to be my favorites, so I always assumed that I would absolutely love the Opus X. Well I picked the birth of my second child, a Son, to take the dive. I also assumed that the dive would be a big one, but I never imagined that the dive would be off of a 10 meter platform.

First, I want to say, Wilkey, your review was excellent and I thought hit the nail on the head. So I won’t write another review, just share my experience. By the way, that apple-crisp looks almost better than the cigar, I'd love to give that a try! :D

The cigar looked and smelled wonderful and the pre-light draw was perfect, not too tight and not too loose (for lack of better terms), just right. I do remember tasting the wrapper on my lips but unfortunately didn’t note the flavor. The smoke volume was wonderful, full and just the way I like it. The one thing that stuck out in my mind was the pepper, not overpowering, but very pronounced. The one thing that I really enjoyed about the cigar, and Wilkey touched on this, was the fact that the cigar was very consistent and the flavor did not change much, even at the end.

After the first ¼ of the cigar I was feeling pretty good, relaxed, yet excited for what was to come. After the second ¼ I was feeling pretty awesome, a little high, I believe I was slurring my words a bit. After the third ¼ I was feeling pretty drunk, buzzing hard, and now a little worried about what was to come! :0 The last ¼ KICKED MY ASS, I felt as if someone kicked me in the head, not hurt, but F#@*ed Up (for lack of better terms). What an awesome cigar, the next day I’d swear I was a little hung over. That is the biggest cigar I have ever had.

So, definitely a cigar I could use more of, but, something that I could only handle every once in a while….. What a relief!

IMHO you don’t just smoke an Opus X, you Experience an Opus X!

Dave

Dave

I love this line. I no longer have problems getting Opus X unless you count getting boxes from every shipment tough. One of the best things I ever experienced smoking an Opus was the time I got the raspberry taste off one. I swear everytime I watch OpusXKC smoke one, he says that at least 10 times per cigar and finally my wish came true and tasted it. It made the cigar even better. But really enjoyed the review. :thumbs:

For not doing a review, that was a pretty good review! You picked a good size to start out with, one of my favorites. :thumbs: The #5 is the one that always kicks my ass! :laugh:

Dave,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It truly was more than just a recounting of a cigar smoked. It dropped me into the experience right there with you. Very well done! :thumbs:

Wilkey

PS. Don't tell anyone, but I am starting to appreciate the Fuente stuff more and more. It all started with some tasty King Bs and Cuban Belis, then a mature OpusX. I think I'm starting to "get it." :D

Dave,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It truly was more than just a recounting of a cigar smoked. It dropped me into the experience right there with you. Very well done! :thumbs:

Wilkey

...*dribble drabble*... :whistling:

Agreed...well done,thank you! :D

I love the bigger sizes too for legnthy spring/fall yard lounges..........Perfection #2 is my favorite.

Had my very first Opus X experience a few weeks ago, and reading Ginseng’s review brought it all back. I choose the Fuente Fuente for my first, which had been resting in my humi for about 6 months now, mostly because I was recently able to pick one up to replace the one I smoked :thumbs: . I have been reluctant to try one for a few reasons, but mostly because these things are so hard to come by, unless your name is Moki, and if I loved them I’d drive myself crazy trying to get more, I definitely don’t need that kind of stress now :laugh: . I have also read how these things knock your socks off and wasn’t sure if I was quite ready for that just yet.

I, unlike Wilkey, love Fuente products, right now Don Carlos Beli’s and Ashton VSG Enchantments seem to be my favorites, so I always assumed that I would absolutely love the Opus X. Well I picked the birth of my second child, a Son, to take the dive. I also assumed that the dive would be a big one, but I never imagined that the dive would be off of a 10 meter platform.

First, I want to say, Wilkey, your review was excellent and I thought hit the nail on the head. So I won’t write another review, just share my experience. By the way, that apple-crisp looks almost better than the cigar, I'd love to give that a try! :D

The cigar looked and smelled wonderful and the pre-light draw was perfect, not too tight and not too loose (for lack of better terms), just right. I do remember tasting the wrapper on my lips but unfortunately didn’t note the flavor. The smoke volume was wonderful, full and just the way I like it. The one thing that stuck out in my mind was the pepper, not overpowering, but very pronounced. The one thing that I really enjoyed about the cigar, and Wilkey touched on this, was the fact that the cigar was very consistent and the flavor did not change much, even at the end.

After the first ¼ of the cigar I was feeling pretty good, relaxed, yet excited for what was to come. After the second ¼ I was feeling pretty awesome, a little high, I believe I was slurring my words a bit. After the third ¼ I was feeling pretty drunk, buzzing hard, and now a little worried about what was to come! :0 The last ¼ KICKED MY ASS, I felt as if someone kicked me in the head, not hurt, but F#@*ed Up (for lack of better terms). What an awesome cigar, the next day I’d swear I was a little hung over. That is the biggest cigar I have ever had.

So, definitely a cigar I could use more of, but, something that I could only handle every once in a while….. What a relief!

Dave

X2

I agree had my first one just the other night and it was a really great smoke! :D