• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ordered new Wineador

cigars&coffee

The Arizona heat has provided several challenges as I try to keep my cigars at the proper temperature.  After much deliberation, I decided to order a NewAir 281 Thermoelectric Wine Cooler based on the discussions I have read here on the forum.  It will be here on Wednesday, and I plan to utilize the recommended steps in setting it up.  As my inventory grows, I want the added security before something awful happens.  I'm sure I will have questions, but, luckily I have found a home with others that share the same passion.   

Wineador arrived today, one day early.  I have not figured out how to post pics or find any threads with instructions.  

At the top right of the page, click on your username to get a menu, then click where it says Gallery. You can then create a folder and upload your pictures there. After your picture is uploaded, go compose your message like you usually do, there is something called "My Media" next to the smiley face, click on it and then on "Gallery Images" where you can select images that you have uploaded. Hope this helps.

whylieineedacigar said:
At the top right of the page, click on your username to get a menu, then click where it says Gallery. You can then create a folder and upload your pictures there. After your picture is uploaded, go compose your message like you usually do, there is something called "My Media" next to the smiley face, click on it and then on "Gallery Images" where you can select images that you have uploaded. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I will try this.

I suggest you consider storing items in boxes. 

I bought trays from an excellent and well known, but somewhat slow source.

Lately, I have added a larger wineador and pretty much just use that one for storage of cigars in boxes,

The boxes act as somewhat of "humidity flywheel" and tend to stabilize humidity.

while I still use the trays in another wineador, lately I have been thinking it might have been better to just buy cigars with the money I spent on trays.

I do believe that the humidity and temp numbers are more stable inside the boxes,

Congrats and good luck. Looking forward to you sharing some pictures once you get set up and figure out how to add images. I recently picked up the same model and am in the process of airing it out and getting rid of the plastic smell.

The addiction is growing.....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11955]

First attempt posting a pic.  Here is the new unit. Cleaned it out and using baking soda to remove plastic odor.

personal User said:
I suggest you consider storing items in boxes. 

I bought trays from an excellent and well known, but somewhat slow source.

Lately, I have added a larger wineador and pretty much just use that one for storage of cigars in boxes,

The boxes act as somewhat of "humidity flywheel" and tend to stabilize humidity.

while I still use the trays in another wineador, lately I have been thinking it might have been better to just buy cigars with the money I spent on trays.

I do believe that the humidity and temp numbers are more stable inside the boxes,
I prefer leaving the cigars in the boxes, so I like your idea.

The boxes work until you get heavy in sticks, then something has to get adjusted. It fun and tests your X-Lego skills out.

Pugman1943 said:
The boxes work until you get heavy in sticks, then something has to get adjusted. It fun and tests your X-Lego skills out.
 These are two of my wineadors. I'm a pro Tetris player. I have some more boxes in the back also, example behind the Las Calaveras box.
IMG_20140810_135336_zpsltgf6lq8.jpg

whylieineedacigar said:

These are two of my wineadors. I'm a pro Tetris player. I have some more boxes in the back also, example behind the Las Calaveras box.

Very impressive arrangement, but more importantly nice selection of cigars. 

whylieineedacigar said:
Are those recessed? Very nice setup.

cigars&coffee said:

Very impressive arrangement, but more importantly nice selection of cigars. 

Thank you!

bfreebern said:
Are those recessed? Very nice setup.

Thank you. No, they aren't recessed but now that you mentioned it, I wished they were!
Light this! said:
Nice set up Michael. What Punches are those above the RA's?

Thanks Kris! Those are the D'Oro EL 2013 :love:

Light this! said:

Never mind - Punch Serie D'Oro 2013 right?
Well if you ever want to unload those - I'm your man.

Light this! said:

Never mind - Punch Serie D'Oro 2013 right?

Well if you ever want to unload those - I'm your man.

:laugh: I know you are. I will keep you in mind next time I smoke one! :thumbs:

There is a Arizona silent herf going around, wasn't gonna go, but seeing as you have the stock, why not.

Is anyone able to provide a rough estimate of how many cigars you are able to store in a 1 slot drawer vs a 2 slot drawer for this model? I'm guessing you could stack 3 rows tall for a double slot drawer and maybe 2 rows tall on a single slot?  Depending on ring size, 7-10 across? Is this accurate?Trying to figure out which variation drawer setup would work best but I'm not sure what you guys are fitting into each drawer.