• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ozone generator

atuck

ANEJORE
Do any of you guys use an ozone generator to keep smoke smell out of your house?

Ozium spray works wonders when using in vehicles, so I would imagine they work?

I read that thread and it was nothing like I was talking about. I think one post had something to do with it. But I have an actual machine that is an ozone generator. I use it in the bathroom between my smoke room and the house when I smoke. It works great! Absolutely no smoke smell in the house. Also I use it for sterilizing my pipes. I have also let a couple of friends borrow it to remove smoke smell from their cars. It worked great. I couldn't believe it!

I have used O3 generators in the past mostly to knock down that (musty) basement smell. They work and WORK WELL. You really have to be careful when using them as they're very toxic in higher doses as Kid Montana posted. It's obvious that you wouldn't want to be in the same room when it's running. Most if not all generators will have different programmable cycles that you can use. I would have mine run for 10mins every 60min for 72hrs in a 400sq ft area. That seemed to control the musty smell during the rainy season. You can run it for 60min, but be sure to leave the house for a few hrs while it's on. 
Another item to keep in mind is the mess. O3 knocks particles out of the air  causing this extremely fine black powder that is a pain in the ass to clean up. You'll really see the black powder on the plates when you clean the machine after a week of use. You could even say the black powder substance is magnetized as it likes to stick to itself and other objects (your floor). 

Backslide said:
I have used O3 generators in the past mostly to knock down that (musty) basement smell. They work and WORK WELL. You really have to be careful when using them as they're very toxic in higher doses as Kid Montana posted. It's obvious that you wouldn't want to be in the same room when it's running. Most if not all generators will have different programmable cycles that you can use. I would have mine run for 10mins every 60min for 72hrs in a 400sq ft area. That seemed to control the musty smell during the rainy season. You can run it for 60min, but be sure to leave the house for a few hrs while it's on. 
Another item to keep in mind is the mess. O3 knocks particles out of the air  causing this extremely fine black powder that is a pain in the ass to clean up. You'll really see the black powder on the plates when you clean the machine after a week of use. You could even say the black powder substance is magnetized as it likes to stick to itself and other objects (your floor). 
Sounds like you have a nice machine. I run mine in the bathroom between my smoking room and the house. It is a separate room so it just kills the smoke smell from getting in the house. The ozone fumes are pretty harsh when I go to shut the machine off when I'm done smoking. My wife sure appreciates the ozone generator for sure!