• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PACT Act

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/12/985632/senate-oks-ban-on-mailing-tobacco.html

I am just so in love with the government right now. Legislation is now my favorite word and I giddy with excitement when I hear it. :angry:

http://www.govtrack....?bill=s111-1147

funny:

Mar 11, 2010: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator’s position was not kept.Mar 17, 2010: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by roll call vote. The vote was held under a suspension of the rules to cut debate short and pass the bill, needing a two-thirds majority. This usually occurs for non-controversial legislation. The totals were 387 Ayes, 25 Nays, 18 Present/Not Voting. Vote Details.

http://www.buffalone...ng-tobacco.html

I am just so in love with the government right now. Legislation is now my favorite word and I giddy with excitement when I hear it.
mad.gif

I get the same feeling whenever I hear my doctor say the words prostate exam.....either way it's the same result.

The bill is entitled PACT: Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking.

I do not believe this has anything to do with cigars, just for the record. Which, IMO, is actually a very good thing. Separating the two is the only thing that can protect our hobby in the long run. Cigarettes are doomed.

Cigars are explicitly excluded in this legislation. It applies exclusively to cigarettes, RYO, and smokeless tobacco.

Pipe tobacco is not explicitly mentioned, and with the recent effort to lump pipe tobacco with RYO cigarette tobacco, its future is less certain.

It likely won't be long until all tobacco products are treated the same as cigarettes are treated now in an effort to squeeze even more blood from the stone.

I just want to be left the hell alone...

(Edited to clean up my language)

I was speaking more of a futuristic point of view. Cigarettes are taking all the heat right now but once they are gone, what do you think will happen to cigars?

As long as there are governors still smoking cigars in celebration of their failures as an elected official, we should be left alone.

As long as there are governors still smoking cigars in celebration of their failures as an elected official, we should be left alone.

You don't really believe this, do you? You think that they would ban something for us and keep it for themselves and not lose a minute of sleep over it? They are politicians, they do that sh!t the same as you and I draw breath.

Cigars are explicitly excluded in this legislation. It applies exclusively to cigarettes, RYO, and smokeless tobacco.

Pipe tobacco is not explicitly mentioned, and with the recent effort to lump pipe tobacco with RYO cigarette tobacco, its future is less certain.

It likely won't be long until all tobacco products are treated the same as cigarettes are treated now in an effort to squeeze even more blood from the stone.

I just want to be left the hell alone...

(Edited to clean up my language)

I had one of my vendors call me first thing this morning and say they could not ship my order which was - pipe tobacco due to the PACT Act.

They called back 6 hrs later and said they had cleared up the confusion and would now be able to ship it.

You don't really believe this, do you? You think that they would ban something for us and keep it for themselves and not lose a minute of sleep over it? They are politicians, they do that sh!t the same as you and I draw breath.

Hypocritical deceitful politicians...Say it ain't so Clint!