• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 1926

northernmoris

FFOX Whore
Padron Serie 1926
#35 Maduro

Origin: Cuban seed
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Place of purchase: box split

2011-04-24_20-47-07_19.jpg

Smoking Results

SIZE: Length: 4 Ring: 48
APPEARANCE: Nice chocolate wrapper, small vein running down back
CONSTRUCTION: Was nice, firm to the touch, no soft spots
Cut: Punched
DRAW: Pardon
BURN: Great
FLAVOR: spicey, sugar, cocoa, sweet
STRENGTH: full-med..
SMOKING TIME: roughly 1 hr
GENERAL IMPRESSION: Very nice stick, spot on.

2011-04-24_20-45-24_167.jpg

2011-04-24_20-45-54_124.jpg

Lay out: After my family cleared out I found some time to sit out in the garage for the last smoke of the night. With thw rain and humidity I chose this smaller sized Padron. After the trouble I had earlier with the Cohiba, the Padron was a no brainer.

I will let the pictures do the talking. Just some quick notes:
Predraw was very rich and complex
The smoke was thick and creamy
The flavor was spot on, very rich, earthy and heavy
Padron won't let you down

2011-04-24_20-54-30_38.jpg

2011-04-24_21-11-25_543.jpg

2011-04-24_21-22-01_851.jpg

2011-04-24_21-32-08_368.jpg

2011-04-24_21-38-42_757.jpg

Great review Mike, Nice pic's also. I agree wholeheartedly on the statement about Padrons never letting you down., I have not had a 1926 yet and cant wait to try one because every review seems to be positive.
Its bad luck about the Cohiba though, I have smoked a few Secretos and never had a problem.

Thanks for the great review. Padrons are just a down right amazing cigar.

Beautiful review bud. I have my first 1926 coming in the mail tomorrow. Its a natural and not a maduro but I couldnt pass it up, consequently it will also be my first Padron in the natural wrapper.

Beautiful review bud. I have my first 1926 coming in the mail tomorrow. Its a natural and not a maduro but I couldnt pass it up, consequently it will also be my first Padron in the natural wrapper.

I've smoked many Padrons since joining CP, but now that I think about it...I don't think I have smoked a natural wrapper either. I'll have to fix that next time I'm at the shop.

I have kind of given up on the 26's due to them having such a loose draw. I have a handful left it's about time for a revisit.

I've smoked many Padrons since joining CP, but now that I think about it...I don't think I have smoked a natural wrapper either. I'll have to fix that next time I'm at the shop.

Thats funny because I have not either.. Only maduros.

I have kind of given up on the 26's due to them having such a loose draw. I have a handful left it's about time for a revisit.

I hear you, I find they are either loose or perfect.

Thats funny, if I get time I will try to do a review on it. I am excited to burn the rascal.

Is that one of the ones from me? If so you still have some left that was 2 years ago, i finished mine a long time ago.

Everone here should quickly buy as many boxes of Padron 26's and 64's as they can. At the rate people here are moving toward these sticks, they will be $1000.00 a box soon. :laugh:

Great review and photo's. The ash held nicely. I enjoy the 35 maddy also, but want to try the natural. I like the size, draw and profile of the 35 so I want to give the natural a try for some variation...I need to pick one up from a B&M to give it a go.

Raise the humidity a bit and try again. I keep one desktop at about 70-72% for cigars that smoke a bit better at a higher humidity. Throw one in there for a few days then give it a try....or a big ziplock bag with a 70% Boveda pack....either way, see if it suits your taste and draw once you try it.

Edit to say...nice review Michael, you nailed that cigar perfectly!