• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie '26

northernmoris

FFOX Whore
Padron Serie 1926
#9 Maduro

Origin: Cuban seed
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Place of purchase: Keystone

Smoking Results

SIZE: Length: 5 1/4 Ring: 56
APPEARANCE: Nice chocolate wrapper, small vein
CONSTRUCTION: Was nice, firm to the touch, no soft spots
Cut: Punched
DRAW: Loose
BURN: average
FLAVOR: spicey, sugar, cocoa, sweet
STRENGTH: full-med..
SMOKING TIME: roughly 1 hr
GENERAL IMPRESSION: Very nice stick, nice flavor and finish

2011-03-27_18-56-37_350.jpg

2011-03-27_18-56-48_191.jpg

2011-03-27_18-57-31_353.jpg

Lay out: Just about to be dusk, went out to my patio and started up a fire.. Temp. has been in the low 40's and slightly windy. My father in-law built my a cedar bench from a tree he cut down in my yard, so i relaxed in front of a warm fire. I brought out my cutter but after examining the cigar I decided to go get a punch.. I punched the center of the cap and it slightly cracked, no real issue though.

1/3 On the pre draw I found this cigar to be way to loose for my liking.. I torched up the foot and started with a nice sharp burn. I gave a few light puffs and let it sit for a few minutes.. The initial puff was full of spice, cedar and cocoa.. The smoke was abundant and creamy.. I was left with a nice grey-white ash.. On each inhale I found a nice amount of spice on the tongue, once passed I could taste sugar and a hint of cocoa.. This was a nice choice for the night.

2011-03-27_19-15-33_486.jpg

2/3 The ash lingered to around an inch and finally fell. When I looked at the cherry I could see a small hole running off center.. At some point I smoked through it because the draw drastically improved. Half way through the spice quickly dropped off and I was left with a mellow but sweet flavor.. Each draw filled my mouth with a chocolate and sugary flavor.. I wish the spice would have hung around longer but this is still pleasant.

2011-03-27_19-29-41_322.jpg

3/3 Towards the end the smoke started to lighten up, and it seemed like the spice wanted to be prominent, but just couldn't get there.. There was still an incredible sweet earthy flavor left, and on the finish my tongue could taste sugar..Even though this cigar ended mellow, I definitely have a small head buzz.. This cigar leaves me thinking that its time to buy more Padrons.

2011-03-27_19-51-12_998.jpg

Thanks for review it was a good write and this sounds very nice. It will be on my list of Padron's to try.

Sounds like a nice evening by the fire with a good smoke. Great review!

Great review of one of my favorites. I'm now wondering why don't I smoke the #9 maduro more often.