• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pappy Van Winkle

Greggj77

Hello, I was gifted a bottle of PVW 15 last year and recently polished it off.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a source or the release date on these so I will know when to start looking. Any assistance on this would be appreciated. :D

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a source or the release date on these so I will know when to start looking. Any assistance on this would be appreciated. :D

Thanks in advance.

All I know is that it's hard to find....and expensive.

Thanks in advance.

All I know is that it's hard to find....and expensive.

You forgot to add delicious. :D

What do you want to know.....

It is distilled by Buffalo Trace....released maybe 2 times per year if you are lucky, lately just once per year around the fall (although it has varied as of late.) The 15 year ($50-$60) is the more reasonably priced version (and best tasting for the price,) there is also a 21 year ($125-$150) and a 23 year ($250) which IMO are just to buy if you like to flash your money....These are all Local prices.

I have not seen much around here and I usually have some pretty good sources......Now if you are looking for a reasonably priced younger version, I'd look for Rip Van Winkle 10 yr. or the 107 10 yr. These are very good Bourbons from the Van Winkle recipe, just a little younger and blended.

I dont know much about release dates but I can tell you that you should keep your eyes open. A frequent a few different spots around here and all of them got their last shipments in at different times. Kind of strange. It is pretty limited and only comes out once or twice a year. I would ask around if I were you.

D

If any of the brothers out there "find" a bottle of the 15 or 21 YO PVW that needs a loving home, I'd be pretty thrilled to take it off your hands......:p

Thanks for the info.

I was ulitmately looking for a source or as I said the estimated release date so I knew when I should start tracking one / some down. For those that have not had it, it is a top notch bottle. This and the Stagg have been my favorite bourbons to date.

I figured if the BT releases held to form it would be a fall release thats why I asked now. thinking that i should try to stay ahead of this. I guess I'll have to start looking in about a month or so.

in the interim if you see anything pop up let let me know and I will do likewise.

Thanks again for the info. I couldn't find anything about the release online.

Happy Huntin'!!!

PVW 15 and 20 are 2 of the finer bourbons made. 20 y/o is still SW bourbon as is 23. I think the 15 may have some other bourbon mixed in now, but not 100%. PM me and I can help you find some. I know a number of places many of which are close to where I live. They are pricey though.

If any of the brothers out there "find" a bottle of the 15 or 21 YO PVW that needs a loving home, I'd be pretty thrilled to take it off your hands......:p

Last weekend my local had the PVW 20 for $109.99. PM me if you want me to pick you up a bottle. (Providing they still have one)

OR

Just order one from Seth.

Pappy Van Winkle 20

A local restaurant has recently offered the 20-year-old Family Reserve. I've had a couple of pours and really, really wish I had a bottle of it. If I find one, it'll be by mail most likely.

Shopper's is about the only place still listing that will ship. That has to be last years batch too since this years hasn't come out yet. Since the price is going up I'd get some when ever you could.

This years is hitting the stores now...as of a week ago...not a lot released though....

A few weeks ago my local got in the PVW 15 and 20. Priced at 41.99 and 83.99 each they did not last more than a few days. As for the BTAC it hasn't hit here yet but it is out. It should trickle this way in the next couple of weeks.

You seeing any BTAC yet Dan?

This years is hitting the stores now...as of a week ago...not a lot released though....

I know some bottles have hit retail down south and have heard that the BTAC will be dropping in NH the first or second week of November.

I am usually able to get my hands on a few extra bottles if somebody who has access to the PVW 15 wants to work a trade let me know. NH does not have access and I would be looking for a bottle or two. :D

On a side note reviews seem to be favorable for this years batch. Review .

Not yet on the BTAC.....Hearing the next few weeks.

A few weeks ago my local got in the PVW 15 and 20. Priced at 41.99 and 83.99 each they did not last more than a few days. As for the BTAC it hasn't hit here yet but it is out. It should trickle this way in the next couple of weeks.

Those are some unbelievable prices!