• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas 150 (95’ I believe)

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
So, had this gifted through a friend of a friend. I’m guesstimating a 48 ring and 6 1/4 inch length. Very very light hay aroma when snorting it. Very interested to see how this one turns out. I did follow @jfields advice (thanks!) and ran it under cold water for a few seconds then pat it dry very lightly and the wrapper held together the whole time. There was a small crack that formed halfway through, but it never separate and no inconsistent burns, amazing.

Dry draw: very light hay, not a whole lot else surprisingly.

First 3rd: no pepper whatsoever, but also not heavy on flavor starting out. I got some hay, cream, little bit of leather while overall mild strength. A9F0CF09-4AF4-4EA1-AAC6-33C7B3B9DCB7.jpegB0EEEADC-63F7-4CEF-A3EA-6D6B0C9EE50B.jpeg
second 3rd: starting to increase in strength now but still not a lot. We have come up to a medium, but only when reaching the end of the 2nd third. More leather and cream are introduced with just a tad bit of floral note, very minimal. I still detect some hay I believe.
DB450C90-0B1A-4D08-BE82-D3763ED8F8E8.jpeg3B8546F1-6C0F-4621-8262-ED8BC21F2221.jpeg
Final stretch: we are up to a medium now. Surprisingly getting some moisture with the smoke. This is very hard to describe. The only think I can relate it to is smoking a pipe type moisture with the flavors of the cigar. It’s not bad, I like it. The normal flavors are there, just a tad more palpable with no pepper at all.
Start: 2005
End:2130

final notes: I liked it, but would not buy one if I had the chance. I was let down that the flavors and strength were so mild and only came up to a medium. Might be because it was aged too long, or based on how the previous owner kept it. Who knows, definitely not this newb. I did enjoy it and enjoyed the opportunity to enjoy an older cigar.

Attachments

• D1A7DFF8-AEFD-49A5-9FEF-77DB580D9FB6.jpeg
    D1A7DFF8-AEFD-49A5-9FEF-77DB580D9FB6.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DCF1149F-7CDB-478F-A76D-99921FC4779C.jpeg
    DCF1149F-7CDB-478F-A76D-99921FC4779C.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 499AB759-59DE-4CD4-8323-8AC48BBD998D.jpeg
    499AB759-59DE-4CD4-8323-8AC48BBD998D.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 0
Well done, and great photos. Sucks that it didn't live up to your expectations/hopes.

Nice review! I should have told you that while I find these interesting, I don’t smoke them for any substantial flavor. The tobacco used in them is pretty old. I’d call the flavor pretty mild and refined. I have to be in the mood for that sweetness the wrapper lends it. Sounds about right with the wrapper splitting. They are so delicate. They will explode if you look at them wrong.

Nice review! I should have told you that while I find these interesting, I don’t smoke them for any substantial flavor. The tobacco used in them is pretty old. I’d call the flavor pretty mild and refined. I have to be in the mood for that sweetness the wrapper lends it. Sounds about right with the wrapper splitting. They are so delicate. They will explode if you look at them wrong.
Yeah, the ones I smoked back in probably 05 or so were already pretty mild, but delicious (I'm a mild/medium sort of guy anyway), so I'm not surprised they're really delicate at this point.

Old man Dohrman has run a couple splits lately with some really old NC and I really did the subtle complexity to them.

Nailed it John! I smoked one in my hot tub as the clock turned to Jan. 1, 2000. Both the change of the millennium & the cigar weren't very memorable. 😂