• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin Legend

vortex

"A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future
I went through many boxes of these but the last one(3 yrs ago) was not very good, IMHO. Has anyone tried the recent vintage of these? I know among us common sewers this is unlikely but, hey, if you don't ask ...

I went through many boxes of these but the last one(3 yrs ago) was not very good, IMHO. Has anyone tried the recent vintage of these? I know among us common sewers this is unlikely but, hey, if you don't ask ...
Latest review on CI's site: 1 star- terrible I used to buy these all the time, now they are less than a average cigar [ not again] no taste at all bad.

Latest review on CI's site: 1 star- terrible I used to buy these all the time, now they are less than a average cigar [ not again] no taste at all bad.
Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. I was even disappointed in his regular line compared to say 5 yrs ago. Seems life MF and special productions are the only ones with the good stuff anymore. Oh, well.

This situation reminds me of the days when people found a significantly undervalued blend and would try to keep it secret. It probably still happens but I think there are less of those opportunities now.

For instance, the strange case of the Famous 3000s from about ten years ago. Famous got their hands on some very nice aftermarket sticks and were selling them for about $40/25. People, including me, were keeping it close to the vest, so to speak. The story, true or not, was they were made by Oliva to be a top priced cigar to be marketed as Oliva X. Fuente sued and it tied up the release for years before they lost the suit. Then they were dumped to Famous unbanded. Nice story. Fits the flavor profile but who knows. They were some very good cigars, though.

So if a cigar that is very good is released cheaply, bad reviews might be posted in an effort to keep the price down and supply up. But this is the wrong site to ask such a question. But should someone know of such an undervalued cigar, please let me know. :)