• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepper Beers

tsmckenney

Mick
The wife and I are in love with Route Des Epices. Expensive though. Very expensive. Furthermore Knot Stock is pretty good, but it's not as hot. If any of you have any experiences with these beers, let me know. I'd like to chase after a few more.

I've had Rogue's Chipotle Ale. It wasn't hot, but hot is a subjective term. The chipotle was clearly there in the taste profile though. I haven't seen it anywhere around here, but if I'll keep an eye out.

I believe Mick is referring to "black pepper" beers. I've had Knot Stock and it's fantastic. I'm going to brew some of my own pepper beers when I get the chance because there's none really available to me.

Route Des Epices is a rye peppercorn ale. It has a long, mouth warming, lip tingling finish. It's incredible, and I doubt I would find something I enjoyed more; but $5 a 12 oz bottle....

Martin's dead on with the Furthermore Knot Stock. It has a very, very slight pepper taste/finish. It's good, I like it, but it ain't good enough. :)

Also, I've had the Chipotle Ale, it's good stuff as well.

Hmmm I love HOT peppers and I love beer, I thought that is what was being discussed.

Oh well.