• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PGA vs LIV

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
This is going to get very ugly! The LIV tournament this weekend will be a dumpster fire despite billions of dollars.

A handful of top golfers sprinkled in amongst has-beens and wanna-bees.

Greg Norman, when questioned about the Saudis brutal murder and dismemberment of the Washington Post journalist, said "Look, we all make mistakes and you just want to learn from those mistakes and how you can correct them going forward". As if someone dropped an F-bomb on TV.

No major TV coverage, no course commentators, and quite possibly throngs of boos.

Players joining the LIV will be embroiled in lawsuits and grievances for years. They will be shunned at their local clubs and churches, and violence wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the Saudis.

So, yer really looking forward to watching it then? PGA is just pissed because they’re no longer the only game in town. LIV May be a step down, but it’s drawing attention that the PGA doesn’t like. We’ll see. I have no feelings either way.

Floyd T

So, yer really looking forward to watching it then? PGA is just pissed because they’re no longer the only game in town. LIV May be a step down, but it’s drawing attention that the PGA doesn’t like. We’ll see. I have no feelings either way.

Floyd T
A. I don't think there is a national TV source to watch it.
B. For not having any feelings either way, you have an awful lot of feelings.😂

This is going to get very ugly! The LIV tournament this weekend will be a dumpster fire despite billions of dollars.

A handful of top golfers sprinkled in amongst has-beens and wanna-bees.

Greg Norman, when questioned about the Saudis brutal murder and dismemberment of the Washington Post journalist, said "Look, we all make mistakes and you just want to learn from those mistakes and how you can correct them going forward". As if someone dropped an F-bomb on TV.

No major TV coverage, no course commentators, and quite possibly throngs of boos.

Players joining the LIV will be embroiled in lawsuits and grievances for years. They will be shunned at their local clubs and churches, and violence wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the Saudis.
The euphemism here is "next time they won't get caught" because with these nut's there will definitely be a next.

I agree that there needs to be another girl in town to keep the PGA on the right path. No idea if this is the right one because all I know about it is what you posted. But if Jeff posted it online it is probably all 100% correct.

I'm sure the PGA is a monopoly, and they are probably pretty damn ruthless as well.

But I don't understand how anybody could create the foundation of a competitive league backed by the Saudis?

I'm sure the PGA is a monopoly, and they are probably pretty damn ruthless as well.

But I don't understand how anybody could create the foundation of a competitive league backed by the Saudis?

It’s all about the $$ though isn’t it? From a outsiders view (because I’m not big into golf one way or the other), it seems like the LIV guys are just throwing around money to see where it sticks. If they get enough players to go that way, then they probably feel TV will come around and so on and so forth.

And if it doesn’t happen, just a blown investment to them, they dump it and the guys that jumped the pga will work their way back in.

At the end of the day it just seems purely about the money, from the players and promoters perspective. It’s not like they need to earn their way into LIV, right?

I do think it tarnishes the pga guys some, but fans and sponsors often have short memories.

It’s all about the $$ though isn’t it? From a outsiders view (because I’m not big into golf one way or the other), it seems like the LIV guys are just throwing around money to see where it sticks. If they get enough players to go that way, then they probably feel TV will come around and so on and so forth.

And if it doesn’t happen, just a blown investment to them, they dump it and the guys that jumped the pga will work their way back in.

At the end of the day it just seems purely about the money, from the players and promoters perspective. It’s not like they need to earn their way into LIV, right?

I do think it tarnishes the pga guys some, but fans and sponsors often have short memories.
100%

And let's be honest, virtually every aspect of life is about money these days.

So why are the pga players who are going to play at the LIV tournament getting suspended? That seems like quite a punishment for one match or tournament.

I personally think they should be. If they want to play in the liv tour that’s fine but they should lose their spot in the pga so that spot can be given to someone else.

I think allot of the lower level players on the liv tour will find themselves in a situation of nowhere to go eventually. As I understand it there are only 48 spots open in a tournament. Much more difficult decision for mid level tour players to make the switch.

Ultimately I can care less either way really but if you want to play one tour over another then that’s where you go. Don’t be hurt when the other tour closes itself off to you.

Oh yeah and Greg Norman can suck a d#%#. I played one of his courses in Palm Springs once and spent the entire day hitting backwards out of bunkers that had a 10ft+ lip so you were basically forced to hit backwards to get out of. F%*%* him haha