• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Photobucket Fix to View Pics Again

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I don't know if this was posted already, but I stumbled across a post on a forum yesterday and found it worked for me.

Quite a few of us used Photobucket to post photos all over the Internet on our favorite forums...and when they converted over to being a pay service, we got that dreaded box below demanding $399 a year to continue using their service.

download.jpg

In this post, it stated that there are a few browser extensions that reverse this issue and allow the pictures to be viewed again.

If you're using Google Chrome like I do, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, slide over and click on "Extensions". Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit Enter. Three versions of this service appear...I chose the first one. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see Photobucket pictures again on the forums where you saw the dreaded box.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on "Add Ons". Click search for "Photobucket hotlink" and click Install. Same result.

Once I installed it, I went to the Food subforum and looked up one of my recipe posts on the 3rd page and all the pictures appeared once again.

Hope this helps...

PS: We should make this information a 'sticky' on the Main Page

I'll check that out. I gave up on Photobucket a while go, though, as it has become a chore just trying to upload photos to the site.

I'll check that out. I gave up on Photobucket a while go, though, as it has become a chore just trying to upload photos to the site.

I bailed on them when they went to a pay service too. But at least now I can see the thousands of pictures people posted over the years.

Google drive is 15Gb free, 100Gb for $20.00 / year, and if you really want to 'go large' a full Tb is $99.95 / year. Seems very reasonable to me. I've never run out of my free space.....fwiw.

I don't know if this was posted already, but I stumbled across a post on a forum yesterday and found it worked for me.

Quite a few of us used Photobucket to post photos all over the Internet on our favorite forums...and when they converted over to being a pay service, we got that dreaded box below demanding $399 a year to continue using their service.

View attachment 18534

In this post, it stated that there are a few browser extensions that reverse this issue and allow the pictures to be viewed again.

If you're using Google Chrome like I do, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, slide over and click on "Extensions". Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit Enter. Three versions of this service appear...I chose the first one. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see Photobucket pictures again on the forums where you saw the dreaded box.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on "Add Ons". Click search for "Photobucket hotlink" and click Install. Same result.

Once I installed it, I went to the Food subforum and looked up one of my recipe posts on the 3rd page and all the pictures appeared once again.

Hope this helps...

PS: We should make this information a 'sticky' on the Main Page
Worked for me but not exactly how stated in these directions. I actually had to go to the google chrome store from the extension page and search photot bucket. If I tried the last step in your instructions nothing would come up. I dont know why. So just the last step was a little different for me. However it worked that is all that matters. Thanks!